Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many items are there in your shower caddy?
I'm a girl 10 3.46%
6 6 2.08%
5 14 4.84%
4 25 8.65%
3 40 13.84%
2 39 13.49%
1 5 1.73%
What the hell is a shower caddy? 150 51.90%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Best Video Game of all time, Round 5

The correct answers:
PC: Monkey Island 2, Wing Commander, XCOM

Console: FF3, Street fighter 2, SMB3

And of course, these are taste based so there is no right answer.

I submit dark age of camelot as the most destructively addictive game of all time as well.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since the matchups are by voting though I don't see how that would happen unless people switched their votes or something. *shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just going to assume that if someone wins once they would win twice.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since the matchups are by voting though I don't see how that would happen unless people switched their votes or something. *shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that sounds reasonable. As long as the winner of the losers bracket gets a shot.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:50 AM

I can't believe Chrono Trigger lost to Punch Out. I mean, I love Punch Out and all even after that Nigga Stole My Bike, but for real, Chrono Trigger is probably one of the best games ever made. But whatever...
Justin
Old 12-11-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What if it comes down to <5 votes? In that case a re-vote might actually make a difference. I'm not saying it's a good idea though.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What if it comes down to <5 votes? In that case a re-vote might actually make a difference. I'm not saying it's a good idea though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

<font color="white">mixing metaphors is fun!</font>
Old 12-11-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am very sad to see all these sequels and console games up there when Doom and X-COM got booted.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of the revolutionary games are gone. Zelda one, doom, quake II, counter strike. I'm only starting to follow this now, but am continually surprised by the inclusion of 'link to the past'.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:37 AM

ok mike tyson's punchout vs contra is very difficult, i need to think out loud on this one. lets go to the tale of the tape:

replay value ... well punchout is a unique game with a celebrity end boss, so even today it is an interesting game to people ... but with thirty lives you can team up with just about anyone and beat contra... advantage: contra

storyline ... little mac's journey from weak newbie to world champion mirrors the real life growth of many of us who played the game, and his bruises along the way are a metaphor for the hassles of daily life ... in contra all you know is you're fighting an abstract alien force ... advantage: punchout

enemies ... in contra you fight aliens and alien-controlled stationary weaponry, and only a few of the bosses have unique moves ... in punchout the villains are all colorful characters with devastating techniques ranging from bald bull's bull charge to super macho man's deadly uppercut ... advantage: punchout

weapons... in contra you are able to use guns such as a flame thrower, various high powered machine guns, and a lazer - all with unlimited ammo ... punchout keeps it simple with only mac's little fists and guile being employed in the fight ... advantage: contra

clothing ... pink jumpsuit versus no shirt and blue pants ... advantage: punchout

graphics: in both cases we're talking about 8-bit graphics, although let me tell you at the time this was a big step up from colecovision ... punchout was more colorful while contra was more immersive ... push

movement: in punchout you could move left and right, dodge, and you could fall to the mat ... in contra you could move forward, back, up, down, and most importantly, flip through the air so as to avoid streams of bullets headed your way ... advantage: contra

endgame: if i remember there is a satisfying end screen to punchout, however it is a slight letdown to discover tyson himself is not as hard to beat as the second super macho man ... contra's ending is so fast that before you know it you're back at the start screen, putting in the thirty lives code yet again ... advantage: contra

winner: contra
Old 12-11-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Best Video Game 1988-1994, Round 5

I can't believe Zelda 3 is losing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2005, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Best Video Game 1988-1994, Round 5

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe Zelda 3 is losing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Contra losing is much worse.