Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Situation in SSNL

In the small stakes no-limit forum, there have recently been a lot of posts about folding KK pre-flop to aggression, and The Grunch and I had a discussion and decided that it was a discussion that has already been had far too often and generated little controversy, and that since it has generally been decided that it is almost universally wrong to fold KK pre-flop, as well as the fact that it's already covered in the FAQ, we would lock any threads which primarily dealt with folding KK pre-flop except in some exreme circumstances which could warrant some legitimate discussion.

One regular poster, pzhon, has taken objection to this and made a few posts regarding his feeeling that such threads should be allowed. My question is what you other mods think of this situation.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Situation in SSNL

I honestly think it's a bad sticky. In my opinion, you shouldn't be trying to give a definitive answer about the play of a poker hand in a sticky. Also, doing that and then saying nobody can discuss it just makes it worse.

You probably should just stick to creating a more general policy about repetitive threads, etc. Something like that would go over a lot better.

That's just my opinion, though. You asked. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 12:08 AM

I respect your opinions, and I share your concern. That's why I very quickly unstickied the original post, and that's also why I contributed this to the poster's response thread.

But I'm thinking that you're right, and maybe we should just pull down the sticky & just move or lock beat posts when they come up.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just move or lock beat posts when they come up.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why BBV was created. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
I really do think that forum was a great idea.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I respect your opinions, and I share your concern. That's why I very quickly unstickied the original post, and that's also why I contributed this to the poster's response thread.

But I'm thinking that you're right, and maybe we should just pull down the sticky & just move or lock beat posts when they come up.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that those types of posts should be moved, I think that we should let posters know that they don't belong in SSNL to begin with.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:37 AM

Yea, you're right. How do we do that? Exaplain it in the link? PM the OP? Something else?
Old 12-10-2005, 12:45 AM

I think we need to update the FAQ and possibly lock threads which are clearly answered n the FAQ and note them as such. I think that all of the KK vs. AA threads fall into that category, so it should cover all our bases.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:25 PM

Total tangent, but do any of you guys plan on doing a digest type thing? I'm not going to be doing them anymore most likely, but I think they help the SSNL folks a lot.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:45 PM

You should let new posters discuss this as much as they want.

While it may be possible to read old threads, a lot of learning is done by posting your own thoughts.

Folding KK pre-flop may not be a great practical thread. But, it has potential to get posters thinking about theoretical ideas that go way beyond the play of just KK pre-flop.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:18 AM

Grunch said he was going to do a type of thing where he would collect all of ajmargarine's "How's your SSNL" threads into one thread and the basic ideas behind each one. I'll also bookmark particularly interesting threads and possibly archive them someplace.

Also, I've been talking to -Skeme- and he has some additions to the FAQ that we'll add.