Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

View Poll Results: What is the maximum % of income govt should take in taxes from a person?
70%+ 10 11.24%
60-70% 0 0%
50-60% 2 2.25%
40-50% 5 5.62%
30-40% 5 5.62%
20-30% 21 23.60%
10-20% 17 19.10%
<10% 29 32.58%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2005, 08:14 PM

Default How\'s your SSNL?: HR102 JJ

I'm going to expand the horizons of the series a little bit. See if you guys like it. HR = Hand reading, so the focus will be on putting villian on a hand. There will be a river decision by Hero and then rate how you thought Hero played the hand. I think I'm going to pass on posting an answer rating key and leave it up to you guys to analyze what the best river decision is and how you thought Hero played the hand. So comments and discussion welcome.

Reads: You are Hero, so figure Villian sees you as a normal 2+2'er. Villian in the hand is Isura. So figure a half-decent 2+2'er who is capable of outplaying you...and out-donking you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Take the quiz, make a comment, thanks for participating. Let me know what you think about this kind of quiz in relation to the previous kind.

.50/$1 NLHE 6-max

Villian UTG ($145)
Hero BB ($150)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
Villian raises to $4, 4 folds, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($8.25) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Villian bets $4, Hero raises to $12, Villian calls $8.

Turn: ($31) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>
Hero bets $25, Villian calls $25.

River: ($79.50) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Villian bets $25, Hero...
Old 12-09-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: How\'s your SSNL?: HR102 JJ

I dont know why you would ever attempt a c/r here. If you want to snap of his c-bet w/ AQ then check/call and lead turn. Leading and check/folding are both better than a c/r here IMO. There are no draws to speak of and unless Isura is calling a c/r and a psb on turn w/ something like A9 or TT i think you are drawing to two outs. I would say this is awful.
If you want to make a move on the flop and take it down that's fine. But once he calls you i think it is a c/f on the turn. If he checks behind i suppose you can call a small bet on river.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to expand the horizons of the series a little bit. See if you guys like it. HR = Hand reading, so the focus will be on putting villian on a hand. There will be a river decision by Hero and then rate how you thought Hero played the hand. I think I'm going to pass on posting an answer rating key and leave it up to you guys to analyze what the best river decision is and how you thought Hero played the hand. So comments and discussion welcome.

Reads: You are Hero, so figure Villian sees you as a normal 2+2'er. Villian in the hand is Isura. So figure a half-decent 2+2'er who is capable of outplaying you...and out-donking you. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Take the quiz, make a comment, thanks for participating. Let me know what you think about this kind of quiz in relation to the previous kind.

.50/$1 NLHE 6-max

Villian UTG ($145)
Hero BB ($150)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
Villian raises to $4, 4 folds, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($8.25) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Villian bets $4, Hero raises to $12, Villian calls $8.

Turn: ($31) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>
Hero bets $25, Villian calls $25.

River: ($79.50) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Villian bets $25, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why call? Why raise? When Isura called the turn, it became clear that his hand was not AQ. There are no draws out there for him to be calling with. The only hand you beat that is in his possible range is TT (and that's a big stretch). Fold.

It seems to me that he's not afraid of top pair, but also not taking any aggressive action. AK would play this way, but why would he only be 1/2 the pot on the flop? Changing it up perhaps?

I actually picked KK as Isura's hand here, however that's just the feeling I got from the weak lead on the flop. He figures he's got the deck crippled and wants to see if somebody will play along. Dumb probably.

In any case, you must fold the river.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:57 PM

I better clarify things before I get in trouble. Villian in the hand, which is based on a hand I've played, is not specifically Isura. I just put a name in there for fun. Assume villian is a decent 2+2'er.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:40 AM

The flop and turn line I would most likely take with AA. But I would certainly bet more on the river with AA, since I know AK will call, and I don't think KK would check to me on the river. I dunno, villain played this hand really weird IMO. I think it's a badly played KK, with AK a close second.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:50 AM

i think AK checks behind. I think u hear from KK earlier, and i dont see QQ betting this river either. that leaves me w/ AA that think that his 2 pair is now good from the action. i dont think u see a bluff of this size very often here.

i like a pfrr and then potting the flop here...
Old 12-10-2005, 09:38 AM

I picked KK. Initially I thought AK, but the weak flop bet, followed by turn smoothcall, followed by 1/4 pot bet on river...seems like he wants a call, and doesn't feel he'll get paid off with much larger of a bet, which would certainly be the case if he's crippled the deck.

Just curious, but if it is KK, why is it a badly played KK? Hero CR's the flop and makes a PSB on the turn; why aren't you happy to sit back and let Hero take the lead OOP?

River = fold. Way behind villain's range, and I don't think we're winning this the necessary 1/5 times. Does TT really flat call an almost-PSB on the turn and then make a small value bet on the river, like, ever?

I like these threads.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:58 AM

Is villain making a value bet on the river? I voted QQ. Hero should have either bet smaller on the turn or check folded. No reason to call the river.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:18 PM

Don't like Hero's turn bet. JJ is a good hand to take down right after the flop, especially if a scare card hits. Once that didn't happen, it's time to move on with life. But Hero decides to escalate things. If Hero calls that River bet, he can't be feeling good about it even at those pot odds.

I'll go w/ AK
Old 12-10-2005, 12:32 PM

I think hes got kk or k9. I think the river bet shows greater strength than 1 pair.