Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-29-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Dell screwed up my order big time....

So I ordered my new computer which just got here (I haven't checked out the computer yet), but they definitely gave me the wrong monitor.

Instead of a 24" 2405FPW (which I ordered and my invoice confirms), they shipped me a 17" 1704FPV... needless to say I'm pissed.

I called some number, they were closed. Calling another number and sitting on hold... I feel sorry for the person that is going to answer this call. I am liable to rip them a new ass hole.

Any ideas on what will happen? They better [censored] overnight me a 2405 FPW and I'll be damned if I'm sending this one back before I get my replacement monitor.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Dell screwed up my order big time....

[ QUOTE ]
So I ordered my new computer which just got here (I haven't checked out the computer yet), but they definitely gave me the wrong monitor.

Instead of a 24" 2405FPW (which I ordered and my invoice confirms), they shipped me a 17" 1704FPV... needless to say I'm pissed.

I called some number, they were closed. Calling another number and sitting on hold... I feel sorry for the person that is going to answer this call. I am liable to rip them a new ass hole.

Any ideas on what will happen? They better [censored] overnight me a 2405 FPW and I'll be damned if I'm sending this one back before I get my replacement monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ripping them a new asshhole is a bad idea. You are at their mercy. Be polite or you'll regret it.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:24 AM

I'm at their mercy for sending me a $250 monitor instead of the $1000 one I ordered? You are kidding me right?

Can you say chargeback?
Old 11-29-2005, 12:27 AM

So, I was on hold for way too long and I'm not gonna sit here all night on hold. I sent Dell Small Business an email... says I should hear back within 12 hours.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:33 AM

would probably help if you actually were a small business no?
Old 11-29-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
would probably help if you actually were a small business no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am. It doesn't really matter though.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:00 AM

As jman suggested, being an a--hole will get you nowhere, even if it will make you feel better. These ARE people you are dealing with on the other end of the call, and if you treat them with respect they will be a lot more likely to try and help you. After all, they weren't the ones who messed up your order.

However, if you don't care about the results you'll get and just want to feel like you've "gotten them back," by all means rip away.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:05 AM

Well luckily I won't get a chance to talk to someone quite yet then. I hardly see what they can do besides send me the right monitor though... I'll try not to be a dick for once in my life though.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:08 AM

My only experience was with my completely effed up Inspiron 6000 laptop -- I was really drunk when I called the support folks late one night, and the support dude was really helpful, arranging for two separate service technicians to come and check out two problems the computer was having...but he made me promise to give him high ratings on the Customer Service rating EMail I was to receive soon after the call. Weird.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:49 AM

They should just send a replacement.

My 2001 was slightly defective. They sent a replacement out right away and said they where going to pick up the defective one.

Long story short, I have a nice dual monitor setup [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]