Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-27-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Official HU Tourney Thread - Planning/RSVP/ideas

Ok, Chuddo was definitely on to something, and seems like one of the only ones that actually cares enough to inquire and get this thing setup:

[ QUOTE ]
if a good solution dealing directly with a card room can not be reached, i submit:

-we use someone as an escrow.

-we play at whatever the lowest hu NL stakes available. (provided the blinds are in correct place).

doing these two things will alleviate some of the issues that will suck if we can't get a cardroom to hook us up.

-the rake will not chunk out any significant amount of money

-players will not have to worry about moving any real money over to any sites. the amount of chips they need can simply be transferred over.

someone will have to be in charge of all this to get it going and having it run smoothly.

i offer my own services to run the thing, and have some ideas regarding the structure of the tourney and payouts etc.

if there is enough interest and support, i can draw things out and get started on setting it all up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if you are interested in playing, RSVP in this thread so he can get a list together. I only know of HU play on Prima, but CreedofHubris seemed to think we could hook something up with pokerroom. He should be contacted. I also agree that random numbers should be given to everyone and then we can just set up a bracket. I also like Yeti's idea of money distribution. Obviously it depends how many people we get for this, but this has a lot of potential.

Start RSVPing in this thread and I'll get a tentative list together of players. We'll also have to poll times that are convenient for everyone. I'm in.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Official 2+2 HU Tourney Thread - Planning/RSVP/ideas

i would love to play.
i recommend we play higher than 1k buyin.
well get way too many ppl for 1k unless youre willing to organize some kind of huge 50 person tourney?
also higher stakes are mre likely to bring out everyones Agame.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would love to play.
i recommend we play higher than 1k buyin.
well get way too many ppl for 1k unless youre willing to organize some kind of huge 50 person tourney?
also higher stakes are mre likely to bring out everyones Agame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ all of the above. Also i believe we should have at least 200+ BB each. There will be tons of luck/variance anyway... but 100BB is just crazy.

Im in just about regardless of the structure tho.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:26 PM

Take 2+2 out of the title of the thread.

After more thought, I propose a 2k entry, 16 people. If we can't get 16, drop the buyin until we can.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:28 PM

Wouldn't a better way to reduce variance simply be to play best-of-3+ instead of a single match?
Old 11-27-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't a better way to reduce variance simply be to play best-of-3+ instead of a single match?

[/ QUOTE ]
that would take a long time.
i agree w/ durr, 100BB sucks.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, Chuddo was definitely on to something, and seems like one of the only ones that actually cares enough to inquire and get this thing setup:

[ QUOTE ]
if a good solution dealing directly with a card room can not be reached, i submit:

-we use someone as an escrow.

-we play at whatever the lowest hu NL stakes available. (provided the blinds are in correct place).

doing these two things will alleviate some of the issues that will suck if we can't get a cardroom to hook us up.

-the rake will not chunk out any significant amount of money

-players will not have to worry about moving any real money over to any sites. the amount of chips they need can simply be transferred over.

someone will have to be in charge of all this to get it going and having it run smoothly.

i offer my own services to run the thing, and have some ideas regarding the structure of the tourney and payouts etc.

if there is enough interest and support, i can draw things out and get started on setting it all up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if you are interested in playing, RSVP in this thread so he can get a list together. I only know of HU play on Prima, but CreedofHubris seemed to think we could hook something up with pokerroom. He should be contacted. I also agree that random numbers should be given to everyone and then we can just set up a bracket. I also like Yeti's idea of money distribution. Obviously it depends how many people we get for this, but this has a lot of potential.

Start RSVPing in this thread and I'll get a tentative list together of players. We'll also have to poll times that are convenient for everyone. I'm in.

[/ QUOTE ]

While the initiative is appreciated, I think that y'all are going about the process backwards. I think that it makes more sense to establish the guidelines for the tournament PRIOR to people committing. Otherwise, it's going to end up being a bunch of maybe-type answers strung together with suggestions.

That having been said, in order to play along, I'll give my RSVP, reserving the right to back out like a little b!tch if I feel like it...

ML4L
Old 11-27-2005, 02:00 PM

I agree with ML4L. I'm interested and am willing to put up 1k or 2k if the structure is good. Perhaps a 16 man tourney where the buy in for round 1 is 1k, then 2k for each round there after. That way the players make money if they survive the first two rounds.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:10 PM

In.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:33 PM

im in