Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 09:22 PM

Default Results, for what it\'s worth

Thanks all for the advice...yeah, I usually 3-bet tens PF here, not sure what made me decide to CC. I felt kind of oddly lost this hand; for some reason I felt so certain I was beat that I regretted putting in the turn raise right after I did it. Not that I'm usually a "feel" player or anything, but in this case it looks like it was justified:

UTG showed down Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB showed down A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

For one of the strangest hands I've ever seen...all 3 of us flopped a set and I was the schmuck who called down with the 3rd-best hand. If I don't think online poker is rigged now, then I never will (and I don't). If anyone wants to figure out the odds of this, I'd love to know.

I guess it might have been karma...about 15 minutes before this, a J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] steal-gone-wrong from the hijack seat turned into a ginormous 4-way pot and eventually a rivered straight flush for me. Go figure.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Any chance in hell I can get away from this?

i would 3 bet preflop. this is standard i think with TT. then you would know to slowdown against the higher set when he caps.