Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Any chance in hell I can get away from this?

HoldemPoker.com (Pokerroom skin) $2/$4

No great reads but I haven't seen the villains get terribly out of line.

I'm in MP1 with T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

UTG raises, 1 fold, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, 5 folds, BB calls.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB bets, UTG raises, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, BB 3-bets, UTG caps, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB bets, UTG calls, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB bets, UTG raises, Hero calls, BB 3-bets, UTG caps, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final pot: 28.75 BB
Old 11-24-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Any chance in hell I can get away from this?

[ QUOTE ]
HoldemPoker.com (Pokerroom skin) $2/$4

No great reads but I haven't seen the villains get terribly out of line.

I'm in MP1 with T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

UTG raises, 1 fold, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, 5 folds, BB calls.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB bets, UTG raises, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, BB 3-bets, UTG caps, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB bets, UTG calls, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB bets, UTG raises, Hero calls, BB 3-bets, UTG caps, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final pot: 28.75 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I would 3 bet preflop, and reraise the flop. Other than that, you can't fold the river. Not when the pot is huge. If someone flopped a bigger set, so be it.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:05 AM

i definitely am not good enough to lay this down at the river. although i'm not sure that i like the cold call pf, i three bet this against most opponents.

i call the river and hope bb has kj and that utg has aq.
-light
Old 11-24-2005, 03:27 AM

Easy hand to lay down and you should have. When flop contains 3 broadway cards and there are raises and reraises somebody has something--a straight or a higher set is probable in at least one hand. If the board pairs you will go broke defending your underfull. As Mike Sexton says" Playing middle pairs is the hardest thing in holdem"--especially against raises into a broadway flop. Either you believe your opponents BOTH are raising on weak or speculative hands or you don't,if you believe them--fold on the flop.P.S. In an earlier answer post Binions suggested 3 betting your tens on the flop. Why? In small stakes no one will fold a better hand and tens won't win often enough to recoup the extra bets. See Slantsky & Miller's chapter "When raising won't protect your hand"
Old 11-24-2005, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy hand to lay down and you should have. When flop contains 3 broadway cards and there are raises and reraises somebody has something--a straight or a higher set is probable in at least one hand. If the board pairs you will go broke defending your underfull. As Mike Sexton says" Playing middle pairs is the hardest thing in holdem"--especially against raises into a broadway flop. Either you believe your opponents BOTH are raising on weak or speculative hands or you don't,if you believe them--fold on the flop.P.S. In an earlier answer post Binions suggested 3 betting your tens on the flop. Why? In small stakes no one will fold a better hand and tens won't win often enough to recoup the extra bets. See Slantsky & Miller's chapter "When raising won't protect your hand"

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you have made a very inauspicious debut to the Small Stakes forum on 2+2, judging by the first 3 posts. Try working things out in the micros and reading other strategy posts, then you might improve your advice. Good luck.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:48 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

I would 3 bet preflop, and reraise the flop. Other than that, you can't fold the river. Not when the pot is huge. If someone flopped a bigger set, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. And I am predicting BB had KJ and flopped the straight. UTG is a little worrisome. But if aggressive he could definitely be playing top 2 pair this hard. Probably lost to bigger FH but no way am I folding this.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:42 PM

noway in hell i could ever fold lol, sux if u lost to set of aces or queens but nevertheless cant really fold man
Old 11-24-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you have made a very inauspicious debut to the Small Stakes forum on 2+2, judging by the first 3 posts. Try working things out in the micros and reading other strategy posts, then you might improve your advice. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:00 PM

Nope. Simple as that.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:46 PM

so YOU'RE one of the PR cold-callers! 3-bet PF

and no you can't get away from this