Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: SB hand 1
Fold 8 53.33%
Push 7 46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: the dude who\'s raising preflop, he\'s got QQ. I\'ve got T8s. I...

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Barron,

I like your arguments, they make qualitative sense. We're just in disagreement about the magnitude of the effects. You argue that you can make up your preflop equity loss because lots of players are going to coldcall along with you. I certainly agree that if the pot gets big enough, you may turn a profit.

I'm a little more skeptical that a big pot is going to develop consistently enough, and you are going to win it often enough though, that you can overcome what we both agree is a preflop sacrifice.

Without one of us hunkering down and crunching numbers, I think we're at a standstill. I'm not convinced, but I do respect your opinion and concede that I could be wrong.

good luck.
eric

[/ QUOTE ]

it may also be instructive to ask DS's assistance here since it is he who is always coming up w/ questions like "if you had KK and it was FACE UP and you had it every hand what is your expectation /hr at X/2X?"

here its like one hand, QQ and the QQ DOESN"T know we know he has QQ. is T8s worth it UTG+2 after UTG+1 opens.

Barron