Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-19-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: tough fold or standard? party 30/60

[ QUOTE ]
bb who is 24/12/2.5 cold calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'd call, 2.5 is a big number, pot is big, and it looks a little like he might have QT to me.

FWIW, I do like picking off river bluffs.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:54 AM

Lots of legit hands he could have; few bluff hands and very little hope of you folding. Fold, i don't think it's that close.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:28 PM

Who thinks I should just check the river? The only hands that it seems like he could have and pay me off with are QJ and AJ.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it seems like he could have and pay me off with are QJ and AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
those are his two most likely hands for obvious reasons.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who thinks I should just check the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know him to be tricky I would check behind, otherwise bet. Against an unknown I think this is a bet.

I assume you call if he bets out on the river?
Old 11-19-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who thinks I should just check the river? The only hands that it seems like he could have and pay me off with are QJ and AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

check if u hate money
Old 11-19-2005, 02:25 PM

I would bet the river and call the check/raise expecting to lose, but win enough times to make calling correct.

To those who say you should fold because your probably beat, this doesn't matter to me. If I bet any hand for value on the river and you raise me, I'm going to call every time unless I can specifically put you on a hand that got there. This is your reward for sucking out. But don't EVER think you're going to mouse me out of an 11 big bet pot with trickery.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:38 PM

i think this is a routine fold.. as for checking the river...... i dont like it. he may even payoff with a PP or AT or some random trash
Old 11-19-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the river and call the check/raise expecting to lose, but win enough times to make calling correct.

To those who say you should fold because your probably beat, this doesn't matter to me. If I bet any hand for value on the river and you raise me, I'm going to call every time unless I can specifically put you on a hand that got there. This is your reward for sucking out. But don't EVER think you're going to mouse me out of an 11 big bet pot with trickery.

[/ QUOTE ]

In hands like these your thoughts of 'some of the posters here are so scared of getting outplayed that they wont fold any hands that have the slightest chance of winning' echo in my head.

Even if this was a player who is good enough to consider a river checkraise this is not a good place to do it. We pretty much have the bottom hand of our shania and half the posters here don't want to fold that. THEN in to add to that, he has a lot of legit hands, KT AQ TJ, protecting his bluff, and continuing, some of his hands, KQ, have showdown value and very very very rarely do hands with showdown value bluff rather that simply and easily call. So, there's KT AQ JT that are legit, KQ that has showdown value, leaving only QT as the bluff hand (about 1/5 of his range) of which 1) he probably isn't a player to bluff raise (as most aren't) and 2) even if he is a player with bluff river raise in his poker skills this probably isn't a place for the play.

So if he has QT say you run into a player who will bluff raise this hand 1/10 against his total range you will be good roughly 1/40.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:09 PM

This particular river card is so bad for you (when he check raises) that this fold is neccessary. J10, AQ, K10, etc. not to mention all the hands that had you beat before.