Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 06:25 AM

Default Re: Simple

I dont like it cause I can't figure out a hand that calls your check raise that you beat? Maybe A-10 or something like that...

*Do you really expect to fold a K with this play

*edit
Old 11-08-2005, 07:27 AM

As this player is described as 'ABCish too loose' I can't see how he would either -

a - check a king on the turn, or
b - fold a king to a river check raise

Therefore, I think check calling here is probably the best play.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:00 AM

I like the play. I have a few questions and suggestions.

Why not bet out the turn? If he raises you can fold your weak kicker. This stops him from getting the free card. Is this a bad move?

What if you were to bet out turn then check the river when his draw doesn't come. Which will probably induce a bluff too. Then you get to have 2 bets from him.

Don't know if it makes sense to do that. Comments please.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the play. I have a few questions and suggestions.

Why not bet out the turn? If he raises you can fold your weak kicker. This stops him from getting the free card. Is this a bad move?

What if you were to bet out turn then check the river when his draw doesn't come. Which will probably induce a bluff too. Then you get to have 2 bets from him.

Don't know if it makes sense to do that. Comments please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this would be very dangerous. If he has the hand we fear on the flop (KQ, KJ) he will probably just call the turn if you donk him and then check calling/raising the river will lose you 2/3 big bets.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Results

It was a 20/40 game and the best live game I've ever played.

Anyway, results really don't matter but it check/checked and I dragged. The one thing I would point out is not that I wanted to fold a K. That's basically never happening and it would have to work > 37% of the time to be profitable. The checkraise is highly suspicious and I think any pair is calling, one because I had two river bluffs picked off in the past couple of hours and two because this player was the suspicious type. I didn't mention that, so this was a bit unfair, but I was curious how often people thought any pair would call the river. I've been experimenting with this river line a little bit and wanted some thoughts.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Results

Dave,

Was "Garbaggy" in the game? (Short, Asian guy who sleeps at the table and likes to explain every single play he makes, claiming that everyone else plays "garbaggy".) That Borgata 20 game was absolutely amazing the last time I played it.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Results

I think that extra bit of info is key. Otherwise I think it depends on your donk and a bet is better against some.