Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: OT: ATTENTION EVERYONE, RE: MEGABET

[ QUOTE ]
EVeryone should let him explain himself before they hang him. It is highly suspect that someone would ruin their rep for a measly 22 bucks. Let him explain what happened before you ignore him etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't paid a lot of attention, I don't really care about the issue, and there is no reason why anyone should give a rat's arse what I think, but I'm reserving judgement as well.

As far as I can tell, it could still be an honest mistake, a careless mistake, a slander campaign, or a welching.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:20 PM

Well,

He's a regular poster here on this forum. He should give an explanation shortly if he made an honest mistake. OTW we can assume that he is screwing this guy.

Indy
Old 11-02-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
EVeryone should let him explain himself before they hang him. It is highly suspect that someone would ruin their rep for a measly 22 bucks. Let him explain what happened before you ignore him etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't paid a lot of attention, I don't really care about the issue, and there is no reason why anyone should give a rat's arse what I think, but I'm reserving judgement as well.

As far as I can tell, it could still be an honest mistake, a careless mistake, a slander campaign, or a welching.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, i really hardly care, but the little I do care I guess has more to do with me. "Me" being that I would want the same benefit of the doubt from others...even from an online poker forum.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He defaulted on a sidebet of only 22 bucks?

Come on.

[/ QUOTE ]

$55 is easier to pay than $22.

[/ QUOTE ]

not on stars, on stars you can send any amount.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

See reference.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:39 PM

It clearly was not a mistake.
I PMed him the day after the tournament to see if he needed my email or anything to transfer. He didn't respond. A couple of days later I sent an email stating I didn't receive payment. After no response to that one or any other one I started this thread to chide him into paying.
Surprisingly he got pissed and in his Megabet way started telling everyone how much he made and - and this is where the problems started - claimed that he paid (of course, b/c he makes soooo much money) and that I was a liar. Once Durron asked for proof (because I'll admit, our whiny little argument was hijacking threads - but it pissed me off that he's bragging that he makes 8K a month, he's a high roller, etc. and he's welching on a crummy $22.) I finally got a PM from him that said Get a F**king Life and yelling about how I'm sad that I'm making a fuss over $22 which he spends more than that in gas per day. He did not say he paid me in the PM which would have been anyone reasonable's first response to check with the person privately before their good name was sullied.
Both Durron597 and citanul received proof that I never received payment.

And anyone who thinks that it's no big deal b/c it's only $22 is missing the point entirely.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And anyone who thinks that it's no big deal b/c it's only $22 is missing the point entirely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that...in fact, the smaller the amount, the bigger deal it is in my mind (being that it is simply a welch and not an issue of being ABLE to pay...a simple welch being the worse of the two in my mind).

I didnt pay attention to the other thread(s) that much, sorry, wasnt accusing you of lying obviously.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The poster Megabet, who has of late been increasing in douchebagginess, ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put. I've been thinking the same thing lately, glad I'm not the only one.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that...in fact, the smaller the amount, the bigger deal it is in my mind (being that it is simply a welch and not an issue of being ABLE to pay...a simple welch being the worse of the two in my mind).

I didnt pay attention to the other thread(s) that much, sorry, wasnt accusing you of lying obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I didn't mean to insinuate that you did. Just pre-empting.
And yes, if he just couldn't pay that wouldn't be that bad. But welching and lying about it (and trying to impugn my name) while bragging about how much money he's making is deplorable.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/"OP"....I, too, have followed the various exchanges between the posters....The evidence is fairly clear to me;..Rduke55 had a sidebet w/ MegaBet..Rduke55 won.
MegaBet didn't pay....MegaBet is scum...End of story
Old 11-02-2005, 02:55 PM

I don't like to publicly comment on other players in a negative way, but since he hasn't cleared this up, I will say what I have thought all the time: He is a bad player, and has problem admiting it (I am a fish at no limit, but I managed to outplay him on quite many hands and his berating/ excuses led me privately to this conclusion prior to this money-mess). Whining that much about a bad beat enforced my "suspicion"; as mainly just bad, losing players whine to that degree about bad beats (if only I had not been unlucky, I would be a winning player ......).

To speculate further, his denial of lack of ability, or lack of money makes him not pay.

Disclaimer: I am concluding on a too small sample size, but my 6th sense is very clear on this one.
Closed Thread