Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-28-2005, 01:23 PM

Default TT faces w/ a flopped overcard

Villain is a very loose, but only somewhat aggressive (61/15/0.8), however she's developed a personal hatred of me over the last couple of days. She thinks I overbet and/or bluff a lot. A couple of hands ago on a different table I had AKs and missed the flop. She min-bet and I raised as a bluff. When she called I'd planned on folding the turn, but she min-bet again - giving me more than enough outs to call with just overcards. I spiked an A on the river and took the pot.

I've just sat down at the current table, but she remembers me from before and made a point of saying hello (well, that's not EXACTLY what she said [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

Prima 0.50/1 No Limit 6-max - 4 players

Stacks:
Button - 103
Hero - 98

Hero is UTG w/ T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop <font color="blue"> (4 players) </font>: Hero <font color="red"> raises to $4 </font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds

($13) Flop <font color="blue"> (3 players) </font>: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero bets $12, Button calls, SB folds

<font color="green"> I really hate hands like this. I'm OOP with what, could be the best hand. I'd love it if villain would tell me if she's got a Q, and I *think* she's angry enough to raise with one here, especially if she really thinks I'm bluffing. She could also be on a draw.</font>

($37) Turn <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font> : 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets $25, Button calls

($87) River <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets $25, Button calls

I've run into this type of fish more than once, and I never know what to do with them on hands like this. I could easily still have the best hand, but there's a lot out there that beats me. I hate inviting the inevitable bluff if I give up control, yet betting feels like I'm giving away my money.

Help? lol
Old 10-28-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: TT faces w/ a flopped overcard

I definitely bet the flop. The turn is actually a very ugly card, because not only does it put a flush out there it gives somebody who made a bad call on the flop with 56 a straight. I'm not sure I'd bet that card. But if I did, there is no way I'm betting the river, the chances are very slim that you get called by a worse hand like a pair of 7s or 88 or 99. I only bet the turn if I know the villain will raise me with a flush or Q. Since this person knows you will make a continuation bet even if you miss, she may just call, call, call letting you bluff away your chips to her Q.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: TT faces w/ a flopped overcard

Why Lead out on the turn again? Granted villian might be calling with a wider range of hands given your history together, but q and flush draw are certainly two of those hands. If your reasoning is to blow off a hand like 88 99 or something like aj ak calling your "bluff", then the turn bet is okay, but there is no point in making the river bet. If she is willing to call a near pot bet on the turn on that board she will have you beat more often then not. River bet looks as weak as i am sure it felt, and even if she was calling you with a bad hand, she could push and you wouldnt feel comfortable calling.