Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Total Scum Bags

WASHINGTON - House Republicans voted to cut student loan subsidies, child support enforcement and aid to firms hurt by unfair trade practices as various committees scrambled to piece together $50 billion in budget cuts. More politically difficult votes — to cut Medicaid, food stamps and farm subsidies — are on tap.

In other news, Exxon Mobil is getting ready to post over $7 billion in quarterly profits. The rest of the Big Oils are also reporting never before reached record high profits for the quarter.

What else can the average American do, how far can he dig into his pocket, how much more can he tighten his belt, to help out these oil companies? Shouldn't we be thinking about some more tax relief for Big Oil?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Total Scum Bags

Your absolutely right. We should bring corporate tax rates down to zero so the oils don't have any tax advantages over other companies.

Also, student loans suck balls. If they didn't have them my school would simply have upped my scholarship so I could attend. Instead they said I had the loan, so I didn't need extra grants (which I don't have to pay back). Now I have $20,000 I owe in students loans.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:23 PM

why would the ruling elite want to give the lower classes any real chance at rising in importance? Its much easier to control thelower ranksof soceity when they are uneducated and sent off to war.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

WASHINGTON - House Republicans voted to cut student loan subsidies, child support enforcement and aid to firms hurt by unfair trade practices as various committees scrambled to piece together $50 billion in budget cuts. More politically difficult votes — to cut Medicaid, food stamps and farm subsidies — are on tap

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good

[ QUOTE ]

In other news, Exxon Mobil is getting ready to post over $7 billion in quarterly profits. The rest of the Big Oils are also reporting never before reached record high profits for the quarter.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds good

thanks for the uplifting post I needed some good news
Old 10-26-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would the ruling elite want to give the lower classes any real chance at rising in importance?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is nonsense; your so-called "ruling elite" are too busy worrying about their OWN problems and lives to be concerned with keeping any one else down (much less an entire strata of people).
Old 10-26-2005, 08:26 PM

I agree. The liberal agenda is brilliant. It ensures a permanet support base of disenfranchised.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:42 PM

Amazingly ignorant.

cut student loan subsidies - perhaps the one thing the govt. does do with its money that has long term benefits to all of society. A better educated population is good for all, and has large long term paybacks on the money invested.

child support enforcement - Geeez. Last I checked Republicans were against abortion, but once the kid is born let's make sure they suffer. Besides Kids can't vote, soooo.... they only thing more gutless would be to take Grandma's medicine away from her, oh wait, reducing medicare is next on the list.

Aid to firms hurt by unfair trade practices - Yes, let's do all we can to make sure the Chinese destroy the entire economy.

Be sure to give the gas station a large tip with your next fill-up. Or maybe just mail a check to Saudi. The Bush's will thank you.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, student loans suck balls. If they didn't have them my school would simply have upped my scholarship

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh huh. No doubt about it, that's what they would have done.

I wonder why people get full tuition scholarships if the school could just say "get a loan" for some of it.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:44 PM

Obviously he wasn't majoring in Economics. If he was, he needs to get a refund!
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to be concerned with keeping any one else down (much less an entire strata of people).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually they have a whole agenda and policy to do just that.