Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Damn, I need some lasek for my eyes

I wear contacts just about 24/7. I have 2 week contacts so I change them out about once a month. I change my left eye so I waited a second before popping the new lens in. I just looked at my computer. I have 1440x1024 resolution, but I couldn't read any type on my 2+2 window. Everything is just too fuzzy. Kinda scary how bad my sight is in my 20's. Makes me really want to consider on getting lasek.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Damn, I need some lasek for my eyes

Good idea. I'm an eye Dr. and I had lasik 8 yrs ago. It's a GREAT investment for hard core poker players. When I used to play a lot of live poker and it was 4am I would always think what a difference LASIK made cuz it would have been brutal pulling all nighters with contacts. Same goes for online poker when it's really late.Take some of your winnings and invest in Lasik.......
Old 10-20-2005, 10:23 PM

I would reccomend it too. It may not be the most glamorous way to spend your winnings, but it's a different type of BLING!

I am using a chunk of my bankroll for dental work. Boring, but essential.

Cheers,
Granite
Old 10-20-2005, 10:37 PM

Is your eyesight changing? You can only get laser eye surgery if you're eyesyight is stable.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:47 PM

Lasik is the best thing I ever bought for myself. I was just about to do a blog entry about "the best thing I ever bought" and that was what I came up with, my lasik surgery.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:10 PM

I'm planning to get this within the next year but haven't done any research on it yet. How long is the recovery time? Any pain afterwards?
Old 10-20-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm planning to get this within the next year but haven't done any research on it yet. How long is the recovery time? Any pain afterwards?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had it done at 1 PM, and was watching TV with no problem by about 9 PM. It took about an hour and wasnt painful at all (except for the residue from damn tape to keep the eye shields on caused my face a lot of irritation). There are a few uncomfortable (not painful, more like - oh, crap, I cant see) moments when they remove the flap and you cant see anything, but that is pretty shortlived (like less than 1 minute on each eye). I took the next day off work, but could have gone in after my next mormning's check up appointment if I needed to. I also echo the sentiment that it was one of the best purchases I have ever made.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:18 AM

Default I was under the impression that Lasik

fixed you distance sight, but left you unable to see well close up (reading etc.). Is this incorrect.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:25 AM

I had LASEK treatment (a.k.a. PRK-Epiflap) treatment about 3 years ago.

It is an alternative if you are squeamish about them actually "cutting" into your eye! The downside is that the recovery time is longer, and you cannot actually see properly for a couple of days!

Improved my vision from -4.25 to -0.75 (Don't need glasses to drive anymore).

I'd be happy to answer any PM's from anyone that wants more details.

Rom
Old 10-21-2005, 10:34 AM

My PRK surgery was the best money I've ever spent.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PRK is similar to LASIK. The difference is that with PRK there is no corena flap created. This leads to a longer (and more painful) recoverey. I was in serious ("omg, what have I done?!" "kill me now" type) pain for a day or two after the surgery. And it took 2 months for my eyes to stablize at their final result. I went from 20/400 (-5.25 diopters) to 20/15 in both eyes.

From what I've been told, with LASIK, you're fine the next day, and you should be pretty much at your final result in aday or two. I did PRK because my corenas were slightly thin, which made me a poor canidate for LASIK.

Talk to you doctor. Don't skimp on cost.