Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: 25-50, KK, I am lost on the turn

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Decent player open raises from UTG+1. One caller. I make it 3 bets from MP+1 with KK. BB calls, UTG caps, four to a flop.

Flop:

J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG bets, I raise, everyone calls.

Turn:

Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG checks, I check, another player, who is tight/passive and has 100 behind after the bet, bets, a fold, UTG raises.

At this point, it's 100 to me into a 900 pot. I am certain that I am behind and have no idea what my outs are (besides the A.)

Comments? Suggestions?

About the only street I'm sure of is preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would bet the turn also, I dont care how scary this board is, if theres even a small chance the Heros KK is good in this large pot than the hero must find a bet here. Also, about getting 9-1 to call the turn raise. Yes if AK is out than you should fold the turn, but AK could easily not be there!! You have KK after all which makes AK less likely to be there. You have potentially 10 outs to beat a lower set getting 9-1 You must call. Even if this call is incorrect given the possibilities of the other players holdings, it can only be a small mistake, but if you fold and you do have a 6-10 outer than you just made a huge mistake. I also understand that youre not closing the action and you could get 3 bet behind you, but I think you have to take that chance in this large pot.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At this point, it's 100 to me into a 900 pot. I am certain that I am behind and have no idea what my outs are (besides the A.)

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You have potentially 10 outs to beat a lower set getting 9-1. You must call.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. It's very possible that UTG is raising with TT/JJ/QQ in which case you have 10 outs, maybe fewer if there's a flush draw out there. Still, I think it's a relatively easy call. AK is 8x but there are 3xTT,3xJJ,3xQQ. Include the small percentage for a bluff and you gotta call.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:29 AM

I call, either of them could get frisky w/ flush draws(in which case you may have 6+ outs- vs a fldraw and set), or if you think shorty passive guy could come alive w/ a set/2p here. Assuming i read this right, and its only 2bets to you (w/o betting reoopened) i think its a clear fold if LP had 150 behind before the bet (b/c its not worth 4 bets on the turn, and UTG is capping almost definitely).
Old 10-11-2005, 10:01 PM

Default RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
I call, either of them could get frisky w/ flush draws(in which case you may have 6+ outs- vs a fldraw and set), or if you think shorty passive guy could come alive w/ a set/2p here. Assuming i read this right, and its only 2bets to you (w/o betting reoopened) i think its a clear fold if LP had 150 behind before the bet (b/c its not worth 4 bets on the turn, and UTG is capping almost definitely).

[/ QUOTE ]

It was going to be at least $150 and probably $200 to me, since CO would make it $150-allin and EP could make it $200.

Anyway, I decided that it was marginal at best and folded. River was 9, but LP had AK so it was irrelevant. EP had QQ.