Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 10-05-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Annie story I remember

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Watching last night's broadcast, there was one hand were Annie checked by holding her cards in her hand and hitting the table with them (like a normal rapp rapp but with her cards in her hand). However, before she started checking, it looked to me like she moved the cards towards the pot, and if the other guy wanted to shoot angles as much as she does, might of had a case for her hand being declared folded. Does anyone know what i'm talking about and if it is even reasonably close to what i'm saying? I wasn't paying full attention and don't have Tivo so i couldn't go back and look at it or anything.

I think it would be pretty amusing if someone tried to call her out on something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That reminded me of one of DN's tales. She was in a hand with another pro heads up, he re-raised her big, she folded and asked what he had. He said 'Aces' or something to that effect (or affect, I can't say I know). He then mucked his cards and Annie picked them out of the muck, peeked at them and said "just checkin".....

And I'm pretty sure DN was at the table.

Stories like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

In Positively Fifth Street, Jim McManus describes her cheating in this fashion at a satellite (pp180-181 in my copy). It was Tony Ma's hand that she illegally retrieved from the muck. By McManus' account, Dan Alspach and Noel Furlong were also at the table. He doesn't mention DN (and it seems like he would). Perhaps Duke has used this particular cheating method more than once.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably my mistake but there you go. That's the story I was referring to.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: Annie gets called out again!

Agreed. I saw Annie many times when I was in Vegas over the two months of the WSOP and she is really not that hot. If she was not famous for playing poker you would not even notice her walk down the street (especially in Vegas). She would just be another middle aged mother of 4.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed. I saw Annie many times when I was in Vegas over the two months of the WSOP and she is really not that hot. If she was not famous for playing poker you would not even notice her walk down the street (especially in Vegas). She would just be another middle aged mother of 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Annie is not really famous. A select few poker groupies know a lot about her [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Poker celebs aren't celebs. Sorry.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Annie story I remember

She's a bitch with a capital B who is permanently PMSing. She's a great player, but she just comes across as a real witch.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Annie is not really famous. A select few poker groupies know a lot about her Poker celebs aren't celebs. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand corrected and a little embarrassed. Thank You.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:55 AM

Didn't she really overreact in last year's main event to Brett Jungblut for having his cards in the muck or something? She's out of control and definitely overrated.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:05 AM

i've tried my best to search for DN's articles about her incidents, but have had no luck. what is the name of the article? searching for "annie duke" yields the wrong results on dan's website. does anyone have the link?
Old 10-06-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i've tried my best to search for DN's articles about her incidents, but have had no luck. what is the name of the article? searching for "annie duke" yields the wrong results on dan's website. does anyone have the link?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually a usenet post, here's the linky.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:18 AM

i enjoyed reading that... DN carries himself very well, don't always agree with him, but he always defends his side well.

(and this made me think much less of Annie.. but i still think Lederer is the man)
Old 10-06-2005, 05:27 AM

It's really sad that after all these years people are still reading Daniel's gibberish for the first time and losing respect for Annie.

It someone wrote it down it MUST BE TRUE!