Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Pointless brag thread, feel free to join in.

Ok, if you read the title you've been warned. Pointless Brag Thread follows.

I've played a ton of online poker but only recently found some live games. Almost exclusively tourney play but the game I've found now often has a nice NL ring game following.

Anyway, the point is this, no matter how much money I've won on line (which is a nice amount to me, but not so much by the standards of these forums), it doesn't compare to the incredible thrill of standing up at the end of the night, folding up a wad of cash and putting it in your pocket. Whoo-eee that's fun!

Realizing the incredible variance in tourney play and the fact that I'm not that great a tourney player (although that probably still puts me at least in the top ten percent of the guys I'm playing with) I've just been regarding my live as a way to have fun, without worrying too much about making money. (I actually just hoped I wouldn't lose enough at it for it to hurt, or for my fiance to start complaining).

I've been playing in a weekly game for about three months now and was lucky enough to win a couple early and have been in the black in my live play pretty much the entire time.

Last night I had my biggest win ever-- 845 dollars!!! Like I say, folding up a huge wad of cash and putting in your pocket at the end of the night is pretty damn sweet.

This was even sweeter since this is a one rebuy or addon event and I chose not to add on, leaving me with 1975 chips with the blinds at 100/200 at the end of the rebuy period. (I thought my money would be better spent in the cash game to follow, and besides, short stack play is easy).

It was even sweeter since when we got heads up I offered to chop and the chip leader looked at our comparative chip stacks and said, well we can stop now and I'll let you have second. As we were walking out later he said, "I should have chopped with you." Heh heh heh.

Ah Live Poker is fun! (At least when your winning, of course). And this was my biggest win ever, so I'm in a damn good mood.

[If anybody knows a way to keep the poker gods from reading this, let me know [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]]

Oh, as a side note, one of the players in our game just won a limit event at the US Poker Championships in Atlantic City last week and has one other final table finish reported on CardPlayer. So I guess he's good. He said he had about half the tourney chips with 4 tables left, which is incredible.

Anyway: Brag Brag Brag Brag!

--Zetack

edit...ok, ok, I know I've been running incredibly well, its still fun to win.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Pointless brag thread, feel free to join in.

"It was even sweeter since when we got heads up I offered to chop and the chip leader looked at our comparative chip stacks and said, well we can stop now and I'll let you have second"

He was an idiot and deserved the "loss"
Old 09-28-2005, 04:54 PM

last 2 monday nights i have KILLED this neighborhood $50 + $50 single rebuy NL tourney.

first time it was 6 of us and i single-handedly busted EVERYONE .... TWICE. I am not exaggerating.

then the other night it was almost as disgusting [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

i am probably the best player there and had the stacks and the play to prove it, but sometimes you run better than average and sometimes you are just unbeatable and your opp's flop alot of 2nd best hands.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:21 PM

Here's a brag story that the engaged guys will enjoy.

I used to live in North Jersey and I had my bachelor party in AC at the Trop. I've played online in tourneys, but never live. So, I'm playing 2-4 limit and I'm up enough to cover the buy-in. My Best-Man tells me not to play, because people are coming into town to see me.

Anyway, 3 of us play in the tourney and I end up winning it. $6,000. I play in the Saturday morning tourney and bust out 1st at the final table. That's when I came clean to the fiance about playing online.

Like you said, when they're running good, they're real good.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:09 PM

This isn't a brag story but something that's fun to brag about. What about playing online and knowing EXACTLY what two cards your opponent has? This is the best feeling ever! Especially when you're right, often.... Ok, maybe this takes a second best feeling to standing up and rolling 50 $20 bills up and putting it in your pocket.

JMB
Old 09-29-2005, 12:27 AM

That feeling also sucks... "He's going to turn over QTclubs for the flush but there's so much money out there I have to call his last T$100".

Damn, that's what he turned over.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That feeling also sucks... "He's going to turn over QTclubs for the flush but there's so much money out there I have to call his last T$100".

Damn, that's what he turned over.

[/ QUOTE ]

"He'd only make this bet with the nuts! But I have POT ODDS!!!!!!....

DAMN!"
Old 09-29-2005, 10:44 AM

I got drunk and dropped $25000 playing 500/900 omaha at the bellagio and downing free booze. Then I played the bar for a while, dropping $50 but winning a few shots and a couple of beers. Then I was mugged and tossed into a ditch where i fell asleep soaking in my own urine.

Also I'm crushing the 0.02/0.04 NL on PokerChamps liek you wouldn't believe.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:14 PM

sorry for mugging you but it was so easy
Old 09-30-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$50 + $50 single rebuy NL tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think this means what you think it means