Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Simple situation

I think calling is -EV. It's hard to get a situation after flop where there are easy to make decisions. Re-raise is completely different thing than a raise. Against AK, QQ-AA virtually every time.

His 22% p/f-raise doesn't mean anything here. You have seen 40 hands. Percentages are of no use. Simply ask a question: Does my opponent play badly? If the answer is yes, then take a shot.

Also call if you think it's really bad for your table image to let someone bully you out of the pot p/f. -> If folding makes others to play better against you.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:38 AM

push or fold pf. If villan seems like an overall donkey Ill push here.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:43 AM

Nothing good happens if you call.

Two times out of three you miss the flop. Villain bets into you, you have to fold. Villain checks, are you going to make a continuation bet and get close to pot committed?

One time out three you hit a A or K. If villain goes with you for your stack, sometimes you are ahead (AQ/QQ?), sometimes you split (AK), sometimes you are stacked (AA,KK)

Fold.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:20 AM

I think hero can afford to see a flop if it's sooted since they are pretty deep stacked. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:26 AM

If his hand range for reraising is JJ+ you're going to be either a small underdog preflop or a big underdog.

Then without further reads there is the guessing games you play. Basically if you hit the flop and you can't take it down right there, you're not going to be happy. I'm folding AK here, i"m folding JJ here, maybe even QQ. All this UNLESS I have a very specific reason not to.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm folding AK here, i"m folding JJ here, maybe even QQ. All this UNLESS I have a very specific reason not to.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're folding QQ and JJ for $12 more, when the relative stacks will be 150bb on the flop? I think you should call with any PP in this spot.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:20 AM

I would call and see a flop. AK probably isn't the best hand to call this reraise with, but since villain has a PFR of 22%, you're a lot less likely to be up against AA/KK, and more likely to be up against something goofy like AQ.
All of this said, you have position and you are getting great pot odds. I almost never fold when I have position and someone min-reraises me preflop.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:26 AM

Call and look at a flop, if he raised a little more preflop a fold is in order.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call and see a flop. AK probably isn't the best hand to call this reraise with, but since villain has a PFR of 22%, you're a lot less likely to be up against AA/KK, and more likely to be up against something goofy like AQ.
All of this said, you have position and you are getting great pot odds. I almost never fold when I have position and someone min-reraises me preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind his 22% PFR is based on an extremely small sample size (40 hands). I would not put too much faith in that number to justify a call here.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:08 PM

I fold preflop. Unless there a total fish, its been my experience that a reraise or 3 bet Pf means aa-qq or ak