Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 09-26-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Nice Rack(s)

I got into a 30-60 game around 10pm on Saturday night at Hawaiian Gardens. At the next table over was a no-limit $500 restricted buy-in game, and I noticed a guy with about 8 racks of $5 yellow chips in front of him. Not bad, I was thinking.

23 hours later, at my own game, I had secured a solid profit of $40 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img](.02BB/hour), while the guy at the $500 NL had done slightly better. He had 22 racks in front of him.

Say what you will about whether he should have colored up his checks, but I couldn't help grinning when I looked over. It was pretty sweet.

Sparks
Old 09-26-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Nice Rack(s)

Did he actually have them in racks? Because if so then it's not too sweet.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the next table over was a no-limit $500 restricted buy-in game, and [there was a guy who] had 22 racks in front of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

$11,000. $500 buy-in.

That's the same as $4,400 at a $200 buy-in. It's impressive, but not unheard of. I've seen a player with 6k at a 200 game.

But yes, all nittiness aside, 22 racks is freaking awesome. That's an assload of chips. In or out of racks. (Pyramids are more fun, of course.)
Old 09-27-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
22 racks is freaking awesome. That's an assload of chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure there's been larger stacks in a $500 NL, but I agree, it's an assload of chips.

And speaking of ass, what is true love, you might ask? Well, the dude's girlfriend sat behind him the whole time. I don't know what time he started, but I was there for 23 hours and she was there the whole time. Awwww....

Sparks

Note: I obviously made the original post before I saw Rick's post. Apparently the guy made it up to 24 racks at some point.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:07 PM

i saw a guy buy in for $5k in a $20-$40 game a few months back and demand that he have all red chips.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:41 PM

i saw that at FW , but its because he wanted to build "Chip art work" I tell you the Suspension bridge he made was pretty sweet. So was his tree LOL

oh yea even sweeter wsa the fact that he lost 2k of it, the tree turned into a shrub
Old 09-28-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
22 racks is freaking awesome. That's an assload of chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure there's been larger stacks in a $500 NL, but I agree, it's an assload of chips.

And speaking of ass, what is true love, you might ask? Well, the dude's girlfriend sat behind him the whole time. I don't know what time he started, but I was there for 23 hours and she was there the whole time. Awwww....

Sparks

Note: I obviously made the original post before I saw Rick's post. Apparently the guy made it up to 24 racks at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, that's not true love. Show me a girlfriend who sits behind her man for 23 hours when he's breaking even or losing.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, that's not true love. Show me a girlfriend who sits behind her man for 23 hours when he's breaking even or losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or breaking wind.