Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 08-04-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Check or bet the turn? (big draw in the Party 3/6 6m)

Wow. I didnt mind the flop cap, but I didnt think it would get u a free turn, yet u were handed a free turn and river.

have to love bad players.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:44 AM

Betting the turn every time. As soon as you are shown weakness I think you need to bet. That aside, you have half the deck as outs to monsters.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:50 AM

I'm not really getting why people are saying bet the turn. You capped the flop to get the free turn didn't you? You're not making a better hand fold after all the bets that went into the flop, and unless SB is pretty maniacal I wouldn't imagine your hand is best at the turn very often. Why not check it through and bet a good river?
Old 08-04-2005, 02:51 AM

i think it is ok to just call the flop
Old 08-04-2005, 03:10 AM

Dont you think he's got an equity edge to cap the flop for value?
Old 08-04-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On an ordinary flush draw, I agree with just calling. In this case, there's nothing wrong with pumping this when you factor in the overs, flush, straight-flush and straight outs.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On an ordinary flush draw, I agree with just calling. In this case, there's nothing wrong with pumping this when you factor in the overs, flush, straight-flush and straight outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

And when just calling the 3-bet there is almost no chance for a freecard, if the turns is a blank, which it is when he capps it. I'll capp that flopp every time.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:44 AM

Default Re: Results

I think your check on the turn was appropriate, and in fact I think you played it well. If UTG had Ad6d or AdKd, which I was thinking one of them may have had as I read the hand as it developed, then your hand was third best on the turn with no chance of either of them folding to a bet. KK was about than 50% to win. Was he looking to check-raise and force out the player caught in the middle? You let him down in that case.

A check on the turn by you, followed by checks by them on the river when the Q hit, told you neither of them had AdKd for a straight. They would not have check-raised the river because they wouldn't be 100% sure you would bet after them. If you had bet the turn and been called by both, what would the Q on the river have meant to you? A made straight?

Anyway, you were paid off. I wonder if that happens if you bet the turn. You end up with the same amount of money perhaps.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:30 AM

Is anyone adept at math willing to calculate the difference in EV between capping the flop for value and a free card vs. just calling and keeping SB in the lead so you can raise if you hit?

Of course, there are some other factors involved because SB may not lead a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or 9 turn, but assuming he will, what are the EV's of capping and calling the flop?