Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Stacked?

(the video game)
Does anyone know when thy are going to release this in stores? Ive seen advertising for the past few months but would think that they are going to wait to drop it the week the wsop airs on ESPN...anyone know when, or anything about the game? (realistic?)
-$LL$
Old 07-05-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Stacked?

Just curious, why do you want this product? I really don't understand how this would appeal to people who already play poker. Please enlighten me.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:55 PM

did i ever say i wanted it? I am simply curious about when they plan to release it. And more importantly wondering about the realisticness of this supposed "POKI" intellegence system that is used to conform to your style and adjust accordingly...just simply curious about the product and wether it will be realesed during the series to appeal to the new, younger, poker crowd.
I belive this product will affect the poker community and thought it would be of interest.
take it easy there bud
_$LL$
Old 07-05-2005, 11:04 PM

Sorry, just thought that was implied, didn't mean to offend. It just seems like the product is really unbefitting the game and offers nothing above online poker where one can learn to play with real people. I expect the product to bomb pretyt badly and was just wondering what the selling point was to someone on 2+2.

Anyways, sorry I don't know the release date, there was a video promo for the game tha tI think had it shown at the end. Try PlanetStacked
Old 07-05-2005, 11:10 PM

I wasnt mad, sorry if it came off that way. I was just interested since this supposed "Poki" system is reported to being tested in designing online poker bots who will play in live online cash games, either as props for the site, or for actual profit. So I wonder about the realisticness/how easilly beaten the computer system is?...I dont know if you heard anything about this or not, but i thought it would spark some interest.
sorry bout sounding like a dick
-$LL$
Old 07-06-2005, 01:16 AM

Haha, so we're both sorry, that's cool then.

Personally I don't think the A.I. system will end up being as good as they claim, but if it were that would be quite impressive. Using an AI as a prop on a website is in my opinion pretty unethical, and I would not play there if I was unable to distinguish the props from real players in order to avoid props.

Designing a bot that's intelligent is hard, but designing one that's better than the fish online sounds easy. A little preflop starting hands selection and you already have 20% of the fish outplayed.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:54 AM

I think they use the poki poker bot, which is supposedly pretty good at shorthanded play. Also, I'm not sure as well why someone would want to purchase a poker video game when they can just play online.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:04 AM

I agree that this product will have limited appeal to 2+2ers. OTOH, if this product does well, it will be very good for poker. I wish stacked all the best.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:31 AM

The Pokibot has its origin outside the realm of Stacked. I remember seeing Poki on IRC poker a long time ago. It is a result of the Poker AI efforts at the University of Alberta. They have also released their own simulation software.

A litle googling can give you more detail.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know when thy are going to release this in stores?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Gamestop.com has its pre-release for the game on 9/13.