Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

View Poll Results: theBruiser500
Yes 60 38.22%
No 77 49.04%
Other 20 12.74%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Re: This needs to be settled, vote on Empire here

People are being very silly. There's one point and one point only: Empire went and banned people for following their T&Cs. That's bad, bad business. And everyone else should be wondering what it is they're doing that Empire says is A-OK today, but might change their minds tomorrow. It doesn't have to be something rational.

If "bonus abuse" was ever mentioned in the T&Cs, I would agree that Empire was ok to ban those players. But they followed the rules, and got banned anyway. This from a site that can't manage to stop spammers.

I didn't get banned, but I'm not going back to Empire. And I play high enough that bonus whoring is getting pointless, and even if I was playing under bonus, I'd be profitable for them. Also, I'm moving more of my play away from the Party network as a whole. I don't like the trend there, and unlike a lot of people here, I don't have trouble winning elsewhere.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually they can do whatever they want and ban anyone who doesn't go along. I would have thought that was abundently clear by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should re-phrase that I suppose. I meant players seem to think the sites can do whatever they want and they go along with it without any repurcussion. As if there is nothing they can do about it, so why try. There IS something that can be done about it! Take the business elsewhere and if enough people do it, there will be no more account banning without cause.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually they can do whatever they want and ban anyone who doesn't go along. I would have thought that was abundently clear by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should re-phrase that I suppose. I meant players seem to think the sites can do whatever they want and they go along with it without any repurcussion. As if there is nothing they can do about it, so why try. There IS something that can be done about it! Take the business elsewhere and if enough people do it, there will be no more account banning without cause.

[/ QUOTE ]
This requires mass consciousness though, and generally, when you get that many people fired up about a cause, most of them still don't understand why, they are just along for the ride. I doubt any Party Skin has to worry about a mass instant defection, the only players that would consider that are ones Party does not care that much about. Party's concern should be on the up and comings, that some pop-culture event will become associated with on of these runner up sites and that would provide the momentum to surpass Party etal in number of pay players.

Vern