Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 05-12-2005, 07:34 PM

Default PT questions

What does a vp of 25/12 mean?

also what statisitics should one look at to deterimne if they play well? is there a pt faq somewhere with everything explained?
Old 05-12-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: PT questions

When you see people say villan is 25/12/2, it means they have a VPIP of 25%, pre-flop raise of 12%, and aggression factor of 2.

As for your question about how to tell if someone plays well or not, I'll take a shot, but you might be better off listening to someone who can give you a more detailed explanation. Usually, a VPIP > 30 is pretty loose. Anywhere more than that is very loose. Anywhere < 20 is pretty tight. For pre-flop raise, I think a lot of people on this board like to shoot for around 9-12% or so. An aggression factor of 2-2.5 is considered aggressive. Too much more than that is just being a maniac. An aggression factor of < 1 is passive. Of course, the stakes you play change things quite a bit. Winning with a 30% VPIP is going to much more sustainable at 0.50/1s than at 30/60s. (Oh, all of the stuff I said above applies to limit. I don't play NL online.)

Lastly, stats don't always tell you that much. If I see players with stats as 20/10/2, I tend to watch out for them, but I've run into players that seem to have normal stats, but they end up having terrible postflop play. It's not that uncommon to see a 20/10/2 who plays AA like it's always the nuts, or who's actually very weak-tight. Some of the other stats will give you a little more incite on people's postflop play.

I hope this helps a little.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:51 PM

Default Re: PT questions

definitely helps, keep the replies coming!