Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 04-10-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Multi tabling sharks may not kill this thing after all. (Long)

[ QUOTE ]

any one night you may see a know fish playing 2 tables but he isnt 4-8tabling and he is not doing it everyday..so he's not even a factor really

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I ever say a fish was playing 4-8 tables? multi-tabling by definition is any player playing more than one table at a time. Thus many fish do multi-table. Get it now?
Old 04-10-2005, 09:07 PM

ok now I get it fish that 2- table are important in the big scheme of things.heheh this is funny...your lack of experinece is showing but you can keep yapping all you want..

Firstly I never said your defintion of multi-tabling was the standard in this example.My statement applied to any fish playing more than 1 table..it just doesnt happen that much in full ring games...when it does it's an anomaly and certainly not relevant to this discussion..Fishy multi-tablers whether playing 2,4 or8 tablers are an outlier and have little relevance to this discussion but again you go ahead and keep on jerking yourself off on this one..
Old 04-10-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok now I get it fish that 2- table are important in the big scheme of things.heheh this is funny...your lack of experinece is showing but you can keep yapping all you want..

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is just ridiculous, clearly I'm soooo inexperienced.

[ QUOTE ]
Firstly I never said your defintion of multi-tabling was the standard in this example.My statement applied to any fish playing more than 1 table..it just doesnt happen that much in full ring games...when it does it's an anomaly and certainly not relevant to this discussion..Fishy multi-tablers whether playing 2,4 or8 tablers are an outlier and have little relevance to this discussion but again you go ahead and keep on jerking yourself off on this one..

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez are you that far out of touch that you actually believe this? Do you even play 2/4 or 3/6 that you would know how many bad players multi table at these levels? Do you actually even believe that all the people that claim to multi-table on this site are good players? You're simply wrong on this one. I have a buddy list full of bad players that multi-table.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:42 PM

The profile of a multitabler is someone who gets bored playing only one table at a time. It has almost nothing to do with skill. More than 3 tables at a time does have to do with skill, but there are still a few bad players who do it.

The "lack of experience" excuse you make is completely retarded. Anyone who plays online poker for a week can figure it out that multitablers don't have to be good.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:35 AM

I don't think I've ever noticed a multitabler play bad. Fish that gets bored with one table will probably up the stakes, not add tables.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

When you get out of microlimits and play midlimits/high limits most pots arent 5way. The best hand doesnt win and things like stealing the blinds become much more important.

When you are playing in these kinds of games it is easy to suddenly loosen up your raising standards and frequently win the blinds.

Some ABC 8 tabler isnt going to notice that you have suddenly been raising more than your fair share from middle to late position. All he sees is that someone raised from middle position he is sitting on the button with AJo so he folds.

Its not just preflop either its the ability to manipulate other players. Someone might be on tilt but the 8 tabler doesnt notice, you can probably get him to fold the best hand with a raise. I'm not talking about monster hands but marginal hands that frequently win 3way pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your argument that multitabling TAGs are not hurting the game is that they make it possible to stealraise from middle position, and sometimes winning by using marginal raises? Yeah, that sure sounds like a juicy game.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:03 AM

Its much better than 8-9 solid players who are concentrating on your every play.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:14 AM

At Party 3/6, there are some ok or not-so-good multi-tablers, but I know of no true fish multitablers.

There are two semi-regular multitablers on my buddy list with VPIP of over 30%, but that's about it..

This ignores the fish who sometimes play 2 tablers.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its much better than 8-9 solid players who are concentrating on your every play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you need to practice table selection. Personally, I prefer 8 guppies and no TAGs at all, multitabling or not.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen just as many bad players multitabling these levels as I have seen good players.

[/ QUOTE ] this is another bs statement about multi-tablers.There is a trend in vogue on these boards right now to say that multi-tablers are mostly mediocre hacks.. this is not accurate...Multi-tablers hurt the games whether they are just decent players or allstars...having those seats filled up by TAGS(even the ones that dont play well post-flop) rather than LAG's or LP's mean the game quality suffers.. end of story.If you think otherwise you are jerking yourself off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent post