Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Pokertropolis - World\'s Tighest Site.

My Gawd! Even the play money tables only have 40% seeing the flop.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Pokertropolis - World\'s Tighest Site.

Try this: http://www.bonuswhores.com/blacklisted-sites.php
Old 03-30-2005, 03:51 PM

I was very surprised to receive this e-mail from them a day or two ago:

"From : Poker Support Center <Support@Pokertropolis.com>
Sent : 27 March 2005 17:14:19
Subject : TheBike.com Log In Error

IMPORTANT Notice About Your www.TheBike.com Account

Hello,

Currently at this time, anyone with a space in their nicknames must use their 6 digit account number in the nickname field in order to log in to TheBike.com. Your 6 digit account number is ******

After you successfully log in one time using this 6 digit account number, you may continue to log back in using your nickname.

Thank you for Playing at TheBike.com!

Poker Support Team

US and Canada call 1(800) 625-7864"
Old 03-31-2005, 01:14 AM

I'm 100% positive that most of these players here are bots. I use to play here a lot, as they are easy to figure out. You can be sitting at a table for 6 hours and the all the players will not change, and nobody talks. Most telling is that there aren't any no limit games going on at this site. I tried starting a no limit game many times , but at most could only get 1 other player. Also tried to start a 5 seat sit and go, and couldn't get ANY players. Look at a site like Bodog, which has even less players, but most of them are playing no limit, since it's so popular right now. There's like 40 or 50 sng tourneys going on at their peak. Their have like 20 no limit ring games going on too. Yet at Pokertropolis, you can't even get 5 players for a sng. Yet they have 900 players signed on right now, all playing limit or in a limit tourney. I read someplace on this site that the bots being sold cannot play no limit.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:23 AM

Pokertropolis denies that they run bots, and we all know that they do, but I wonder...

...does anyone think that Pokertropolis can remarket their site by making their bots the draw? Surely they'd get some fish that think they can beat just computers, as long as the computer doesn't get to peek. As it is, most fish think that online poker is rigged, but don't seemed to be bothered by this. All Pokertropolis needs to do is modify the rake structure in their favor, and wait for the fish to flow in. Then surely the sharks will follow...

mwahahaha
Old 03-31-2005, 02:14 AM

but they do have that serious heads up action, which I like to watch now and then.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:19 AM

I played there about a year ago. It is almost always heads up preflop, occasionally threeway. I tried to chat off and on for three hours, no one EVER responded. Smells like bots to me. After hitting the bonus I cashed out and ran like a mofo.

Customer service sent me an e-mail asking me to comment on how they could make the site better. I wanted to e-mail back saying get rid of the frigging bots but figured why bother. Plenty of good sites to choose from.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:52 PM

I forgot the best trick for beating the bots. The games are usually tight, and if you're in the big blind, and preflop the hand is folded down to the small blind, the bot will usually raise. You reraise, and it immediately folds. This worked about 80% of the time. If the bot didn't fold, it actually had a good starting hand.

It got to the point where after it would raise, I would type in the chat "watch how quickly he folds", then reraise it and watch it fold. I was hoping to illicit some kind of chat/response by doing this and discussing the bot tactics with any other real players that may be on the table, but even after doing that I would get no response.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It got to the point where after it would raise, I would type in the chat "watch how quickly he folds", then reraise it and watch it fold. I was hoping to illicit some kind of chat/response by doing this and discussing the bot tactics with any other real players that may be on the table, but even after doing that I would get no response.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been in that situation before. I try to steal the blinds, some punk ass decides to show off his nuts by re-raising and talking [censored] like that while doing it, and I decide that my steal is not going to work so I fold and wait for a better opportunity. Of course, I would not dignify his comments with a response, I generally don't chat at all.

The strategy for beating bots is usually the strategy for beating weak-tight multitablers.