Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: First day at PokerRoom for the bonus

I turned 50 into 550 at pokerroom in about 3 weeks. I have no problem with the software, there are plenty of tables/players/SNGs to pick from, and the customer service is actually reachable on the phone. I'm wondering if my review of FTP which I might start on today will be as good.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love this forum but damn it can get you in trouble sometimes. Is it just me or is PokerRoom the worst online site period? And I thought Paradise was awful. This tops it! The numbers on the screen are microscopic, the strange characters in the chairs look like drug addicts, and the action is slow and brutal. Down 40 BB in my first sitting didn't do much for me either.

I'm looking for your thoughts on this site...

[/ QUOTE ]

The screen is the same size as any other site 800x600, so I find it surprising that the numbers are coming up small...... as for slow play, try switching to a table with faster players......give it a few days, I think as your win rate goes up you'll like the site better [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2005, 12:20 PM

The main problem for me on that site is the table clutter. Look closely, and you'll find that the chips, the fake gold drink holders, and the button are all about the same size. The effect can be very confusing. If they'd just do away with the "drink holders" (or at least give you the option) the table would be a lot easier on the eyes. I sure hope they're reading this thread since they're costing themselves money by unnecessarily tiring their players.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My biggest negative experience there was the last two weeks and all the server/disconnect problems they were having... cost me a decent amount of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate on this?
Old 02-25-2005, 12:30 PM

Am I the only one who has monitor resolution problems playing at PokerRoom? I'll join a few wait lists at PokerRoom and set my monitor to 1600x1200 in preperation to multi-table. Then when the table just pops up in the corner of my monitor, it changes my resolution back to 1024x800 automatically! WTF?? It's a major pain when I'm playing at another site already and all of a sudden all of my tables are overlapping at the smaller resolution. Anyone else??

PS, Go Huskies! :P
Old 02-25-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the fat guy on PR
And I have trouble seeing whos still in the hand at times and its tough to see the bet amount.
It seems relatively quick.

The bonuses r the worst to clear on the web.
It still beats pacific though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried Full Tilt, Ultimate Bet, Poker Mountain? or the Primas that require you to contribute to the pot? I think Poker Room is one of the easier ones to clear. And at the end of clearing the bonus, you usually have qualified to play in one or both of their free rolls.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:23 PM

I rally like Pokerroom. My biggest complaint is that the tables aren't the easiest to see and they only list one bonus at a time on your account page.

The bonuses are harder to clear because they don't rape you on small pots. As a player, I appreciate that. As a bonuswhore, I wish they would just rake everything [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2005, 03:34 PM

Class of 2000. Luckily was there for the 97 season and Rose Bowl. Sounds like you had some nice times there as well though with Drew, the Palouse Posse, and a decent B-ball team [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
class of 00 baby

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! Live near Tacoma now, where are you at? We get back there about once every other year, it's great to go back. Carry-out special, 2 pizzas for the price of 1! Did you know that they completely shut down the CCN courtyard party? We used to live right in the middle of that action but now they barracade the entire complex so no one will hang out there. Pretty sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think as your win rate goes up you'll like the site better

[/ QUOTE ]

This probably has a lot to do with it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for the encouragement, I'll give it another go.