Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 04:34 AM

Default It has to stop, we can do something about it!

I sent this message to Party this evening, feel free to cut and paste if you would like to do the same!

-Mack

Hello,

I am a long time player at PartyPoker.com. Recently I have become very annoyed and concerned about the ridiculous amount of spamming going on in the chat boxes of the poker rooms. This is always done from observers and never from players at the table. When you receive a message in the chat box saying:

"Are the other players at the table cheating right now? You bet they are! Find out how at xxxxxxxx.com."

there is obviously a huge problem. Do you want people thinking that your games are rigged because idiots are using dirty marketing ploys such as this? I for one do not believe there is any tampering with your game software but this spamming has to stop now. You are obligated to remove the observer chat function from all poker rooms immediately. I would much rather not be bothered by spam than have the feature of chatting with an observer to the room. And please don't advise that "you can turn the table chat off" because it is an important part of the game to be able to chat with players ON the table. I'm sure that you have and will receive this message continuously until this problem is solved. Thank you for being a great place to play poker.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:06 AM

Default Re: It has to stop, we can do something about it!

You don't think party doesn't notice it?

I would be very surprised if such issues havn't come up in company meetings.

It seems that Party deals with the spammers on a case by case basis. After you see one, it isn't long before you never see that same spammer again!

Maybe if you gave party some solutions other than 'no chat'. No chat is highly unlikely, spam or no spam.

outs
Old 02-22-2005, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think party doesn't notice it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt be all that suprised. They seemingly dont notice a few things.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:16 AM

I'm sure party wants to stop these guys, and i'm sure they are banning all of these spammers, but they need to find a way to stop them from creating an unlimited supply of new accounts. Who knows if they are even coming from the same IP each time.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:36 AM

Whatta crap site. If it wasn't the busiest place in cyber pokerland I would have dumped Party a long time ago. But, got to go where the action is. You'll get nothing but stock replies to your concerns. Party is soon to go public. The guys who run it and work there will be buying their own airplanes with the money they've made. I dont begrudge them success; I just wish they'd police the site better (both spam and obnoxious players), fix their stupid waiting list glitches and maybe add some variations, like Razz. They're too fat. They dont care.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:38 AM

Perhaps if they disallowed observer chat from play money accounts? That way it would be more difficult for the spammers since they would need to deposit money before spamming.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:40 AM

We should be able to copy and paste so we can send the spam
Old 02-22-2005, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps if they disallowed observer chat from play money accounts? That way it would be more difficult for the spammers since they would need to deposit money before spamming.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent suggestion.

outs
Old 02-22-2005, 05:59 AM

there is a very simple solution to this! just disallow chatting from railbirds. you should have to be playing at a given table to chat. this would reduce spam by 95%.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there is a very simple solution to this! just disallow chatting from railbirds

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read my e-mail to partypoker in the original post, you'll see that is exactly what I am asking them to do. If a large number of us send this e-mail with that suggestion, they should take it seriously. Thanks!

-Mack