Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Best. Table. Ever. (at 3/6 anyway). Low Content.

Ok, I wasm't paying much attention to this table as I litterally handn't played a hand in at least three or maybe 4 orbits. (Odd start to my day, I only won one hand in my first 121 hands and probably only played past the flop in one other hand of that 121).

But I had noticed that the pot size had at grown to 18 BB's (107 dollars) and 7 of the last ten pots had been over 100 dollars including one at 232 dollars. Table VPIP about 37 percent. This is 3/6.

That's pretty much the extent of my table read when my first playable hand pops up:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (17.33 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (13.16 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (16.16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 16.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Jd Jc (one pair, jacks).
MP1 has Js Kh (high card, ace).
CO has 2d Td (one pair, twos).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.16 BB. </font>

Ok, yeah I didn't bet the river, but I was out of position, if either of these guys has an ace I'm getting raised and if they don't one of em's likely to bluff at it anyway.

So, paying more attention now, I see that both of my opponents in this hand are over 90/15's (and it turns out this was a pretty passive hand for them) and there's a 45 Vpip player as well then a buncha normals.

With avg pot size over the 100 bucks and vpip ranging toward 40 percent and two bona fide maniacs on the table it was the best 3/6 table I've ever played at, hands down. It didn't hurt that I actually hit hands. It didn't hurt at all.

And I got to pull my little used value betting marginal hand against the maniac tool. Practically unused this tool. I bet my pair of sevens with an eight kicker on the river after he raised me on the turn....wussed out and only called his river raise though. MHWG.

On one hand I had QQ (and turned a set who hoo) and me and the more agressive of the maniacs capped all streets. He had A-10 offsuit-no pair. This hand was notable cause I've often shook my head at the advice to always have at least 12 BB's advice in case you get into a cap every street hand. I've always thought this wasn't particularly important reasoning since I've never been in a hand all the way that got capped on every single street. Up to now. (I've always thought the real reason to have a sizable stack is that you don't want to get into a hand where you lose 6-7 BB's and then you hit big on the very next hand before you have a chance to reload).

Ok...I guess this is a worthless thread now that I think about it, but the combination of best table ever, and hitting my cards, and a first of 4 street capping, makes it all I want to talk about. Sorry guys.

I'll leave with one last hand to show just how fishy and juicy this table was:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (28.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 36.66 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ks As (flush, ace high).
MP1 has 6d 6h (straight, ten high).
MP2 has Qs Js (flush, queen high).
CO has 8c 2d (straight, ten high).
Outcome: Hero wins 36.66 BB. </font>

It's not everyday you get to cap 2 of three street and 2 bet the other against 3 opponents when you flop the nuts. This may be the biggest pot I've ever dragged.

So I'm excited. Sue me.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

--Zetack
Old 02-11-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Best. Table. Ever. (at 3/6 anyway). Low Content.

[ QUOTE ]
It's not everyday you get to cap 2 of three street and 2 bet the other against 3 opponents when you flop the nuts. This may be the biggest pot I've ever dragged.

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd nuts. Maniac. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd nuts. Maniac. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, actually the possibility of a straight flush crossed my mind (I just couldn't believe the action on this board) at the time but I was writing quickly and forgot about it when posting. Also, if all that beats me is a straight flush that has to use two hole cards my nut flush still feels like the nuts.

I'll probably be a better player when I stop making errors like that. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

--Zetack
Old 02-11-2005, 05:40 PM

Nice.. i've been having difficulties finding good 3/6 tables lately. I occasionally get a lone maniac, but he usually goes broke in about 15 minutes and i never catch a hand in that time frame. That's about it.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice.. i've been having difficulties finding good 3/6 tables lately. I occasionally get a lone maniac, but he usually goes broke in about 15 minutes and i never catch a hand in that time frame. That's about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I have trouble finding enough good tables consistently to mult-table. Usually I have a few sessions a week that I really struggle to find tables and the other sessions I can find at least a few. Ironically, this has been one of my worst weeks ever for finding good tables, not just a few sessions but all week. Then today within five minutes of logging on I'm on 4 good tables and they all stayed decent for a while.

I would be interested in how the full time 4-8 tabler's do it? Do they just figure there's +ev even on kinda sucky tables that's better than playing fewer hands on better tables? I play up to four tables but probably at least half the time am only on two as I try to find good tables.

--Zetack
Old 02-11-2005, 06:01 PM

Colluding with CO, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2005, 06:06 PM

Nice. Gotta love somebody who will cc 2 on the river after a c/r AND he's playing the board.

Joe
Old 02-11-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice. Gotta love somebody who will cc 2 on the river after a c/r AND he's playing the board.

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, the was the worse of the two maniacs, the same guy I capped everystreet with when he had no-pair and I had a set of Queens, and who I value bet my pair of sevens eight kicker on the river and got raised by (he had A-J suited no pair).
Old 02-11-2005, 09:06 PM

I happen to watch this table for a short while before heading to work today. I had just downloaded the new version of PV and wanted to make sure it was working OK. I just happened to pull up this table and noticed you were at it.

I could not believe the one maniac. I told my wife i wanted to sit into this game. The guy would cap the river with bottom pair and I think I saw him cap with A high once.

Glad you were finally able to take some money off this table.

JP
Old 02-12-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I happen to watch this table for a short while before heading to work today. I had just downloaded the new version of PV and wanted to make sure it was working OK. I just happened to pull up this table and noticed you were at it.

I could not believe the one maniac. I told my wife i wanted to sit into this game. The guy would cap the river with bottom pair and I think I saw him cap with A high once.

Glad you were finally able to take some money off this table.

JP

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its a great game where you have two maniacs and get to decide which is the more maniacal of the two. The one with the thousand dollar stack and less mania actually dropped below 90 VPIP before he left. I think the other maniac cramped his style.

The other maniac was just completely out of control.

--Zetack