Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Laying the smackdown on a nut peddler

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, just because he has stats like that doesn't mean he can lay down a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this guy was multi-tabling. And the 150 hands were spread over this and another session. So I figured, let's find out now what he'll do in this spot. If I'm going to be facing him over the coming months, I want to know what he's made of.

[/ QUOTE ]

For this reason I like your play. Its more of an investment play than a bluff.

NH sir.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:56 AM

I would like to see him react to a raise on the flop before I tried this move here. I think it is likely he has an overpair given his pfr% (aa-jj like you said). He might fold it down, but he might put you on a pocket pair and call. If utg+2 thinks you are aggressive he might think you are capable of putting in a raise with 33-88 on this flop because it is still only losing to a larger pocket pair (&22) or a Ten just like JJ-KK plus you get folding equity.
Of course the lag might be laying in the weeds with a 10 like you suggested. I kind of like this type of play here with 3 because the sb is likely to not have a hand, but it makes the bet look stronger in a 3 handed pot with the sb yet to play.

Any chance your continuing this on the turn if you get a call? I don't think I would but just curious.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Any chance your continuing this on the turn if you get a call? I don't think I would but just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm. I could see myself firing $45 on the turn. I mean, that's what I would do if I had a Ten right? I could also see myself saying, 'oh well, I tried' and give it up. So, not sure. (And you're right about the SB. Having him still in the hand increases the riskiness of the move, but it also adds to the strength of the move)

Results: SB folded quickly, Rock types "ugh" in the chatbox and then asks if I really have a ten. Like an idiot, I responded, which he should have been able to see thru, but luckily he didn't and he folded. He said he had AA and I believe him...He was pretty pained about laying it down. I suppose when you only PFR 2 out of 150 hands, you'd like to win both of them. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2005, 02:48 AM

so you showed him your hand right?

i don't like your reasoning here AJ, if for no other reason than there are a ton of $1NL tables at Party and this guy plays 7% of his hands... the information you gain here will probably be of no use to you ever again.

That being said, yes, fold preflop. A person is dealt AA 0.45% of the time and KK 0.45% of the time. If he's raising 1% of his hands you should be dropping AK like a rock.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That being said, yes, fold preflop. A person is dealt AA 0.45% of the time and KK 0.45% of the time. If he's raising 1% of his hands you should be dropping AK like a rock.

[/ QUOTE ]
But you do call with any two non-AK cards, right?

M
Old 12-24-2005, 02:20 PM

after watching this hand, no, i call only with pocket pairs.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:20 PM

Why bother putitng any money in if you hit your Ace or King you could be drawing dead as it is.

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold preflop.

The information you want to pick up here can be learned sooner or later just by watching him play hands against others.

[/ QUOTE ]