Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-20-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: 15/30 QTs flop

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1
Old 12-20-2005, 04:07 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

[ QUOTE ]
curious, did you know/have a pretty good idea that the CO Donk would
call w/ a lot of hands here (like 10J, 88, 77, etc.?)...did you want him to call when you raised?

Limping in is more correct. If you play better post flop, as you said, then you should be limping in for that very reason! Not raising! You committ yourself more to the pot w/ the raise pre-flop,
and You want more donk calls in there pre flop...it's a multi-way hand, not a HU one.
Unless you had a special
read of the situation and wanted to get HU against the calling station donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

In limit opening for a raise is almost always correct if your going to play. Normally Jason will have the added benefit of playing a 3 card hand. The two he has and the mythical ace. I'm not certain of raising QT's preflop here, but it's not criminal and QJo I'd certainly raise. On the flop check call. On the turn I like bet 3 bet if the guy likes to raise donks, bet call has merit though, the problem is that there is no way that I'm checking a river here so I can't bet call then check raise which I do to better players.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: 15/30 QTs turn

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the turn and then check/raise the river if it isn't a crub and I just get called in one spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would you want to check-raise the river if you get called by only one? CO is a loose passive who you can't count on to value bet anything and Button's most likely hand has to be AK which he very well might show down hoping you tried to pull some semi-bluff crap with one club, but almost certainly isn't betting himself.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
curious, did you know/have a pretty good idea that the CO Donk would
call w/ a lot of hands here (like 10J, 88, 77, etc.?)...did you want him to call when you raised?

Limping in is more correct. If you play better post flop, as you said, then you should be limping in for that very reason! Not raising! You committ yourself more to the pot w/ the raise pre-flop,
and You want more donk calls in there pre flop...it's a multi-way hand, not a HU one.
Unless you had a special
read of the situation and wanted to get HU against the calling station donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

You open limp?