Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 12-17-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Scientists Find A DNA Change That Accounts For White Skin

I'm a Freakin MUTANT... Noooooooo!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2005, 08:27 PM

"The obvious best response for them is to embrace evolution, and to claim that since everyone was black (or dark skinned) at one point, that white people are obviously "more evolved"."

I see plenty of white people killing themselves each day out of stupidity. I saw a lady on the tv diagnosed with no brain, her 'brain' was around the surface of the skull but in the middle just liquid. Yet, she was able to ride a bike and make more intelligent descisions than many more evolved people I know. Nothing should be assumed from skin color, and racist jokes do a lot in diminishing the efforts of individuals like Martin Luther king who have fought for their stauts as equals. People should learn from bastards like Hitler who killed more than six million Jews. Each person is their own person, regardless of race. Race is meaningless.

Oh, I'm white.. not like it makes any difference.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no such thing as race.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course there is. Even if we say it's purely social - and it largely, though not entirely, is - that doesn't make it any less relevant or important given the history of the world up to now.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone see this article? There is no such thing as race.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, because the scientists who did the study warned against this very conclusion, explaining that race differences have to do with a lot more than skin color. It's right there in the article you are referring to.

Even if race differences were only about skin color, why would the discovery of a genetic mutation that accounted for the difference in skin color mean that there is no such thing as race? That's like saying there's no such thing as blondes and brunettes because the difference between them is only genetic.