Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: 3 intresting/misplayed hands

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in the turn bet in hand 1. How often do you think YHIG on the turn, and how often do you expect 2 folds? It seems like you'll frequently just put money in with the second-best hand here in a small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty frequently actually. But a portion of the time I will be no good in this spot. But realisticly, if u look at the flop a ton of hands will be calling usually: J8, QT, K9...etc. The only thing that sucks is getting raised on the turn, but I dont think that happens much at all.

Im curious about the river though. Say it was a blank card (hard to say what a blank would be), or something that paired the board, is anyone still betting or are they checking (and possibly calling or folding)?
Old 12-14-2005, 02:10 PM

hand 1 is pretty gross, I think you played it well but I think an overcall would be bad.

hand 2 is nice, I agree that you need to bet the flop. IMO the river is a c/f

hand 3 I think you might as well put him all in on the turn? if he isn't stacking off I fold the turn though.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:31 PM

You don't anticipate getting raised much on the turn? It seems like the turn card would be pretty conducive to a raise since a diamond flush or lone-high-diamond semibluff now have a reason to raise, and a 9 (an overcard that's almost in the playing field) would usually raise here too.