Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-13-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Top pair drawing to nut flush, with possible straight on board.

Comments on turn? Should I have called the raise instead of 3-betting it since I was obviously beat?

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8.00 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (8.00 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 is all-in ($0.75)</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (17.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.75 BB.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Top pair drawing to nut flush, with possible straight on board.

No reads? What kind of table is it? Tight, Aggressive? Loose passive? Since nearly the whole table limped I'm going to guess it's Loose Passive.

I fold this PF.
I bet the flop.
Call the the turn raise.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:28 PM

bet the flop. no way i'm 3-betting that turn. just get to showdown cheaply.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:29 PM

First, I would bet that flop. You've got a draw to the nut flush with 8 people in the hand. Easy, easy bet. Probably a 3bet if its raised. I think the hand plays differently after that. Second, what makes you think you were obviously beat on the turn? With so many players there are a lot of likely holdings that you are behind, but I don't think it's so obvious that you were beat. The way you played it the turn bet was good, but I'd probably just call down ui.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No reads? What kind of table is it? Tight, Aggressive? Loose passive? Since nearly the whole table limped I'm going to guess it's Loose Passive.

I fold this PF.
I bet the flop.
Call the the turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes loose passive, raises usually mean a strong hand. Why fold PF? A2s is one of the MP starting hands in SSH.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:19 PM

Grunch

unless the table is uber passive, I fold this preflop. On the flop you've got a draw to the nut flush, I bet out. Turn, I don't like the 3-bet, top pair may not be good based on all the action, and you're just about getting the odds to just call on your flush draw. River, fold.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:27 PM

*grunch*

Preflop I'd fold. Given that everyone came along, and you hit the nut flush draw, bet the flop, or if you check intending to checkraise, might as well just coldcall once CO raises. On the turn I wouldn't 3-bet because you're probably losing to ace-better kicker. I guess the river might be a hold-your-nose-and-call but it could be a fold too. Probably if you just call the turn then MP2 comes along too and then the river is different.

BBB