Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-13-2005, 08:31 AM

Default Re: Limping/Spewing with 55

[ QUOTE ]
c/r on the flop, if button 3-bets, call and c/f the turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too many outs to beat an overpair so we can't fold the turn.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:18 AM

Grunch:

With the stats you are showing, 3 betting this holding on the flop IS spewing. b/c the flop, c/c the turn, c/f the riv UI.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd call instead of 3 bet the flop then donk the turn if a safe-ish card fell. I do this to stop SB and Button getting a free look at the river if they have overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think overcards are the problem here. You have odds to c/c the turn and should c/f 2 back to you here. Betting isn't protecting 55 here, 55 is more likely not the best hand. We WANT a free card!

[ QUOTE ]
I hate hands like these -- never sure where I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. That's why not betting will tell us more or help us improve on the cheap.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd call instead of 3 bet the flop then donk the turn if a safe-ish card fell. I do this to stop SB and Button getting a free look at the river if they have overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think overcards are the problem here. You have odds to c/c the turn and should c/f 2 back to you here. Betting isn't protecting 55 here, 55 is more likely not the best hand. We WANT a free card!

[/ QUOTE ]

OP intimated that Button was a flop auto-raiser after a PFR so in this hand I think there's a reasonable chance he has UI OCs.

I admit, I don't like SB's coldcall on the flop but absent a read I can't give him credit for a made hand either. Should I?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:21 AM

Turn: (8 BB) T (3 players)SB checks, <font color="red"> Hero Bets </font> , Button folds, <font color="red">SB raises </font> Hero??

I bet out because I put Button on UI OC's I'm guessing that's the case. Now I get CR buy the SB. I'm thinking he has two pair or a set. Safe to fold? or Call and C/F the river UI?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:47 AM

If you think SB has two pair or a set then all your straight outs are good and you are easily getting correct odds to call.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:39 PM

:grunch:

Yea you are spewing on the flop. You may only have the OESD, so you want to keep as many people around as possible. You were lucky SB called 2-bets on the flop.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP intimated that Button was a flop auto-raiser after a PFR so in this hand I think there's a reasonable chance he has UI OCs.

I admit, I don't like SB's coldcall on the flop but absent a read I can't give him credit for a made hand either. Should I?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Stats do not support the statement that Button is an "auto raiser" no matter what the OP said. The cold call is another good signal to slow down.

2. What do you consider a made hand here? What do you beat here UI? IMO, not very much. You ARE NOT protecting a 55 here.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:22 PM

Why do you think the 55's are dirty on the flop? Only an 85 or a set of 6's or 7's have them covered if the turn brings us a set.

The turn adds 98 to the list of worries and is possible holding for SB.

Why do you consider the 5's extremely dirty on the flop and how much would you discount them since you think they're dirty.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think the 55's are dirty on the flop? Only an 85 or a set of 6's or 7's have them covered if the turn brings us a set.

The turn adds 98 to the list of worries and is possible holding for SB.

Why do you consider the 5's extremely dirty on the flop and how much would you discount them since you think they're dirty.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 5s are dirty because they fill a gutshot str8 for any 8 or 3 and completely counterfeit our str8 draws. While 8 or 3 is not a very likely holding by either villian, it certainly is possible. I could see 88, 33, or 87s here. How much to discount them? Call them 1 or even 1.5 outs?