Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Quick Checkup: 3 Hands

Hands are from Absolute 15/30 6max

Hand 1:
I have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB. 24/20/2.5 raises from MP. Folded around to me and I 3bet. Villain calls.

Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Bet, call.

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] bet, raise, I call.

River: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Villain bets and I call. Sometimes I fold the turn, sometimes the river. I guess it depends on my opponent and the board texture.

Hand 2. Same Villain.

Folded around to me in the SB with Q3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I complete, and villain raises.

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I checkraise.

Turn is the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet and villain raises. I fold. I'm trying to work on spots for folding, and I think this was pretty clear.

Hand 3: Dammit. I had a good hand 3, and I lost it. Nevermind.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:27 AM

Default Re: Quick Checkup: 3 Hands

hi fish,

fold the turn in hand 1. this line is almost always a PP

hand 2 is good, although im more tempted to call down here since the K is an amazing bluff card
Old 12-13-2005, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hi fish,

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that 2+2 was a place where poker players of different skills could get together and improve their games. I don't enjoy being berated, and I'm doing everything I can to improve. I would appreciate it if you kept this in mind for the future.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:41 AM

DRAMA INCEPTION...NOW
Old 12-13-2005, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DRAMA INCEPTION...NOW

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i know this kid, im allowed to make fun
Old 12-13-2005, 05:43 AM

In hand 1 it looks like its 7:1 for a call on the turn. If the villain is really aggro with overs (or likes to semi-bluff raise when he picks up a backdoor flush draw) you might be able to call (or 3bet if he caps AQ up preflop, but you need a good detailed read for that) and then re-evaluate on river. On the other hand, theres a chance he has A8, A7, 77, 88, 55, 44, or something funny and unexpected like KK, QQ or 78 - if thats the case, then you are really screwed badly. Yada yada yada, discount outs, dont know how many ways he beats you, fold unless hes out of line a lot, etc.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DRAMA INCEPTION...NOW

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i know this kid, im allowed to make fun

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I'm baronfish's father in law. Er, not quite that. But I sleep with his mother. No drama here folks.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In hand 1 it looks like its 7:1 for a call on the turn. If the villain is really aggro with overs (or likes to semi-bluff raise when he picks up a backdoor flush draw) you might be able to call (or 3bet if he caps AQ up preflop, but you need a good detailed read for that) and then re-evaluate on river. On the other hand, theres a chance he has A8, A7, 77, 88, 55, 44, or something funny and unexpected like KK, QQ or 78 - if thats the case, then you are really screwed badly. Yada yada yada, discount outs, dont know how many ways he beats you, fold unless hes out of line a lot, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I think it's kind of complicated. Because of his TAG stats and my previous play with him, he is easily capable of 2nd level thinking at least. It's more likely that I have 2 overs than a PP (though my play thus far resembles both). He could be semi-bluffraising a flush draw that he had on the flop or picked up on the turn in hopes of moving me off my AK or whatever. He could have a legitimate hand or just have AJ, trying to get me to fold.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hi fish,

fold the turn in hand 1. this line is almost always a PP

hand 2 is good, although im more tempted to call down here since the K is an amazing bluff card

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Hand 2 I am so much more tempted to call down then on Hand 1. I am still tempted to call hand 1 down, but I think the preflop action stops me. Still I really hate this situation, but really look at it like this...he has to know that u know he could have crap/draw (whatever) on this board and knows u will call him down much more often than fold. So I think that makes it a fold.

I think your complete is good in Hand 2. U probably have no chance at stealing the blinds and u cannot fold. But this depends on the player.