Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-12-2005, 12:03 PM

Default JJ late in patry 500k

This happened in yesterdays party 500k. I have 105,000T chips in the sb. Iv been at this table for maybe 4-5 orbits, and doubled up when I went allin overthetop of someones raise, he called with AJ and I held up, so my image is solid. Avg stack is 78kT and we are down to 49 people. My table has alot of big stacks however, and villan was one of them with 130,000T. Iv never seen him showdown a hand yet, hes raised maybe twice, and once was a big raise, like 35k when blinds are 3-6k.

Anyways, its folded around to villan in CO who makes it 35k at 3-6k blinds, and I have JJ in sb. Push, call or fold?

The money does mean something to me at this point obv. but I am definitly tring to win. If I fold I still feel I have a better chance than avg. of making final table.Should I pull a phil Hellmuth and fold?
Old 12-12-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: JJ late in patry 500k

Very easy push.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:14 PM

folding would be really really bad. you have to push.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:21 PM

Ok, point taken after 2 replies. I dont play big MTT's too often so I wasnt sure. I agree with you guys, and pushed. BB had KK and called, raiser had QQ and called, I lose. Its good to know that it was just UL and pushing is definitly the correct play. I actually expected Villan to have a low PP becuase the size of his riase looked like he didnt want a call.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, point taken after 2 replies. I dont play big MTT's too often so I wasnt sure. I agree with you guys, and pushed. BB had KK and called, raiser had QQ and called, I lose. Its good to know that it was just UL and pushing is definitly the correct play. I actually expected Villan to have a low PP becuase the size of his riase looked like he didnt want a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes a big raise is a big hand. Notice CO is pot committing himself.

The raise came from CO, so JJ, QQ, and KK essentially 4-handed. This is incredibly bad luck.

At this stage in this level of tournament, you can't give a lot of credit to a late position raise. You generally push back with hands a lot weaker than JJ.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:32 PM

I don't think hardly anyone opens this large with QQ-AA. The most likely hands are AK/AQ and a medium/small pocket pair. I would push here pretty quickly and hope to be called by a lower pair or take the coin flip if needed. You gotta win a race or 10 to win one of these things.