Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-07-2005, 09:03 PM

Default river clear as mud

Villain is a bit lag and tricky.

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="red"> UTG calls </font>,1 fold, <font color="red"> Hero raises</font>, 1 fold, SB calls, 1 fold, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
<font color="red"> SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="red"> Hero raises</font>, <font color="red"> SB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ??

I think his check on the turn and check on the river with this weak board mean what you'd expect and he hasn't improved. I don't think he has much to call with, (and lose) but he might. Can I be sure enough that I'm ahead that this is a clear value bet or am I supposed to be grateful for a free showdown here.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: river clear as mud

His flop action looks like a flush or OESD or top pair, all of which you beat at the end. Bet the river.

Oh yeah, I cap the flop, too.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:06 PM

You said villain is tricky? He could easily 3bet the flop with a TPMK. I would bet this river, and call a raise probably.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:07 PM

Easy value bet, IMO. This could be a T very often. You should also call a raise for the same reason.

Also, use 2+2 format. It's <font color="#xxxxxxx"> instead of [color=#xxxxxx].
Old 12-07-2005, 09:08 PM

I'd be capping this flop.

I probably bet/call against an opponent like this, but the description is a bit vague. Tricky as in plays his good hands funny? Or tricky as in will c/r bluff the river? What have you seen him do exactly, if you recall?
Old 12-07-2005, 09:08 PM

This river is pretty clear in that it's a clear bet. He could have caught up with an 8 and I agree you won't get called very often as a draw seems likely but he certainly calls with any pair and maybe some ace high draw/hand if he is bad enough.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:09 PM

I bet the river and if raised, call because he is lag and tricky. A hand like 4x with 2 clubs could easily play like that, or any other club draw. It's doubtful that a club draw that didn't spike a pair would call the river, though. I still think there's a lot of value in a bet.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:20 PM

Villain's turn check is funky. It's like a go &amp; stop. You said he's tricky, so I might check here to induce a bluff on the river the times he's not c/r'ing us here.

The way you are at the river, I bet/call. He missed his draw, or has AT more than he has T8.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:53 PM

i like the flop flat call, gives you position on the turn to take it back for a big bet and reevaluate if need be.

me thinks a value bet is in order given his line.