Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: AA, Flushy, straighty

Any hand without a Queen is at the very least thinking about folding...and it puts you in a good position to bluff the river if you are so inclined
Old 12-06-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With your weak turn check you have to call this.

Bet the turn and plan to check behind the river unimproved. You are drawing to the nuts and villain probably does not have the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I decided that with my overpair+gutshot+flush draw, I'd take the free card because I could see myself getting checkraised there a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize if you hit any of your draws you probably aren't getting another penny out of villain unless he has the flush, right?

If villain is aggressive enough to check that turn, then I can understand the check., but i need a good read on villain before I back off here.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:58 PM

Definitely look him up. I think that the 50NL level, AK and maybe even KQ and QQ stick around on that flop and bet the river after you check the turn.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely look him up. I think that the 50NL level, AK and maybe even KQ and QQ stick around on that flop and bet the river after you check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know that KQ and QQ beat me now, right? The only hands villain could have that I beat are AK and AJ, although I certainly put them well within his hand range.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:15 PM

I'm a bit surprised that people disliked my turn check so much. That turn card completed a lot of draws and gave me a lot of draws, so my thinking was that although I might have the best hand, I didn't want to play a big pot with my one pair, and I wanted to take a free card to try to complete rather than bet to protect when all I would be doing is bloating the pot with a vulnerable hand.

Villain's line was really very strange to me and so I looked him up. He showed A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for 2PTK and MHIG.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:49 AM

Nothing "wrong" with your line. It is a little passive, but against a villain who you feel is capable of making a turn check raise, it is fine as long as your plan was to call if he led the river. Any line that will lead to hero folding is the worst scenario.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:55 AM

Raise more PF, but other than that it looks fine to me. I might be inclined to fold without a read, but he might interpert that turn check as weakness and be making a move with TP or something. I'd call, but not be surprised to see myself getting beat.