Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-06-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: ($109) KK - standard line and fold?

im not sure what to say other than none of my bet sizes are substantially different (i probably bet something like 180-200 on the flop). i think your line is good (that is, assuming my line is good [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ).
Old 12-06-2005, 06:16 PM

I think at the $109s a slightly bigger re-raise, say to t200, might be correct; but yes, you do need to play post-flop quite a bit more, and pick up the chips that you can right here. I reckon that I most of the time can extract more value with the caller for 100 more than his raise, but ace flops are always horrible to play, even with position on the original raiser.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:24 PM

Schwza's line is very interesting. Check the flop. Call a turn bet. And fold a river bet. hmmmmm. Has potential. it looks like you either have the nuts or am really weak.

Sure even I could fire two barrells in that situation, but i don't think you lose anymore chips whether he has an Ace or not. The only threat is that a smaller pair might fire two barrells since you've shown weakness.

Don't really know. But I think I like it.