Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: My First Video

The K2s open-complete hand. Obviously he has nothing a good % of the time on that flop (and clearly not an ace given the preflop action) but do you think it goes check-check, check-check on the turn/river frequently in that spot?

The 88 hand. Is bet/calling the turn there standard after he caps the flop?

oops, i accidentally responded to your post by editing your post. -josh
Old 12-06-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im not a preflop nit or anything, but your pf raise w/ J8s in the co after one limper, is that standard for u or did u have a read?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is for me.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:43 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
1.00: AA - You play this hand pretty aggressive and I like it vs a 65/20/1.8 player.

[/ QUOTE ]

fastplay against this type of idiot is great. i have to say though, i was very surprised to win it

[ QUOTE ]
2.20: J8s - You bet a JT3 flop, guy who has 6sb left raises and you call. Turn brings third "green card" ( I assume its a club), he bets and you raise him because he's almost allin right?

[/ QUOTE ]

his flop raise left him with about 2 BB. i wanted to make sure all the money went in the pot. normally id 3-bet the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
4.00: AQo - board 2345, you check de turn going for a c/r?
I'd just bet this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont remember this one exactly but i remember not being sure what to do. it wasnt a c/r. it was more of a "youre probably drawing dead so please bet for me, or least call a river bet thinking i have nothing" bet.

[ QUOTE ]
5.40: K8o - It was funny to see that you bet that river and 1 sec later you type: "shouldve check folded". I'm guilty of betting that kind of rivers as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can be too impulsive at times. that is the easiest check-fold in world.

[ QUOTE ]
7.10: 97o - You open-complete in the SB with 97o? I fold or raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont like the idea of raising or folding in this spot. there are plenty of hands where i want to see a flop but i dont feel like building a big pot out of position, and to be forced to stab at any flop. id rather keep it small and outplay him. in a 2/3 structure i can limp just about anything if he isnt raising me too much. in a 1/2 structure he would have to be passive for me to play this.

[ QUOTE ]
8.00: K2s - You open-complete in the SB with K2s? I would raise.
Then you c/c a A83 flop giving you a backdoor flush. Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

again, i dont want to build a big pot oop with this hand. i c/c the flop because i have no reason to think he is doing anything but taking a shot at it.

[ QUOTE ]
8.20: 98o - You raise OTB pf. Flop A98, you got 2pair, then a 24/11/2.6 c/r you on a T turn. You 3bet. I would call down, you got bottom 2pair on a AT98 board.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was thin but that player was very aggro. there are plenty of pair-draw combinations that will not only call my 3-bet but pay off the river as well.

[ QUOTE ]
9.19: 88 - You donk the turn after he capped a 447 flop. I usually c/c the turn, but I think I like the turn donk. He could have been capping his FD on the flop and you don't want to give him a freecard.

[/ QUOTE ]

he was 21/6/2.5. he cold called my EP raise. i had him on 99-55 or diamonds. yes, i thought he might check through with a flush draw though that isnt the primary reason. i had a feeling he was trying for a cheap showdown, hence my river donk even when i filled up. i mightve overplayed this one a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
10.00: ATo - I bet the 987r flop here 100% of the time, giving you an OESD+overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

having a lot of outs doesnt necessarily mean i should bet. i felt like the flop was likely to have paired him. if not, i felt like he might take a shot at it. if he has a worse hand i would like him to bet. if he has a better one i dont love being raised. when he checked through the flop my gut said that he was strong since i expected him to bet. i was wrong and i guess he put me on JT when i bet. i should have bet the turn i think.

[ QUOTE ]
10.40: AQo - Q on the river. You say: "I hate having to call this", I say: I love having to raise this".

[/ QUOTE ]

that was a bad read but that guy was passive. when he checks the turn after c/r the flop i think a healthy chunk of his range is weirdplayed sets. when i saw 66 it made a lot of sense to me.

[ QUOTE ]
12.09: Q7o - MP raises, SB calls, you call with Q7o in the BB? I fold. The rest of the hand you allready explained. Allthough I would just c/c the river if you wanna see a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

its thin but the raiser was a superaggressive idiot. as for the river, i still think i get omre value from this type of player by trying to get him to raise me when i bet at an obvious scare card. a lot of the super aggressive players will almost always raise when someoen changes the tempo.

[ QUOTE ]
12.43: 64o - 31/18/1.9 raises from CO, you call in BB with 64o. I fold. You're just a bit looser in the blinds I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling is fine

[ QUOTE ]
13.45: QQ - I know two women together got great sexappael, but I'd just bet this river. I think he would've raised a J somewhere and most opponents are bad valuebetters.

[/ QUOTE ]

people tend to be good value betters in this situation. i am guilty of not adjusting for the river card, but if the board was J high, my check indicates AK almost always and he will value bet any pair. i am confident in that. another situation where people will fearlessly value bet is when you raise preflop, bet the flop, and check the turn. they can bet any pair into you. they can even value bet good aces.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:45 PM

I wish my brain were capable of following this. Is there a quarter-speed version for the old fogeys?
Old 12-06-2005, 03:46 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
The K2s open-complete hand. Obviously he has nothing a good % of the time on that flop (and clearly not an ace given the preflop action) but do you think it goes check-check, check-check on the turn/river frequently in that spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

if he checks through the turn i think im ok to call the river given that he is so aggressive.

[ QUOTE ]

The 88 hand. Is bet/calling the turn there standard after he caps the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

my gut told me i was ahead. still, when i watch it, i probably overplayed it
Old 12-06-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish my brain were capable of following this. Is there a quarter-speed version for the old fogeys?

[/ QUOTE ]

google a program called "avi framerate changer" then open the file in it and you can slow down the framrate
Old 12-06-2005, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are using windows media player and it's in full screen mode, you can right click on the video and change the play speed. Alternatively, the command is ctrl-shift-s for "slow".
Old 12-06-2005, 06:26 PM

I second the request for explanation of your poker ace layout.

Is the large number in the center of the table jsut below the board table vp$ip?

I assume the three rows are flop turn and river with actions by street. what actions?
Old 12-06-2005, 07:45 PM

i got that as well, but can i ask how you get the cards the way you have em and all the rest of it in pure black. Is that your customized paint-edit of the partyfiles, or is it a feature i can't find that PokerAce provides? thanks in advance,
Old 12-06-2005, 08:31 PM

In another thread he just told me it was MSPaint.

Linky

Still curious about the number in the middle though.