Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-21-2005, 05:12 PM

Default bodog 5-10

anyone know who sibhawj is? I caught the second half of a chat that seemed to say he'd just won something at foxwoods, but I'm not sure it meant him. I always see him in 5-10, hi or hi-lo and he always has several buy-ins in front of him. he seems to start very fast (raise half, maybe 3/4s of hands) until he gets a stack or two. he will hvae to rebuy a few times. I generally have no idea (because I don't watch long enough) whether he is net up or down on his rebuys with his big stack. it sure seems like he's killing it.

anyway, the thing that gets me is that once he settles down it seems to me that he's giving way too much action to not be bluffing much of the time. yet I almost never see him get caught--he's busted me more than once (and me him only once in a quirky aces double-paired hand). is he running that hot? always having it. or is really really excellent at this game? (I think I need to stop playing it myself after dabbling a handful of times. I try to more or less nut peddle when the game is very hot (multi-way with a pf raise every hand) but my hands aren't holding up and I don't have the stomach to bluff big and repeatedly so that I can't be put on the nuts...)
Old 11-21-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: bodog 5-10

i dont play 5/10 much but i do watch it quite frequently

sib knows when to pick his spots, and hes very good at feeling weakness and very good at avoiding being trapped it seems.

that and he has his fair share of suckouts against people

but no.. youre presumption is right, he is killing the game..
Old 11-22-2005, 11:21 AM

have you watched Hock Play him? He took him for like 8900 other night in 5 10
Old 11-22-2005, 12:33 PM

He's in it all the time. He does very well at the 400 and even "slumming" at the 200 when there doesn't appear to be a 5/10 game going.

Curious what others think since we are talking of BDOG...Of the 3 sites I play at (Paradise, Party and BDog.....I think BDog PLO games have a much more aggressive group of players. Paradise seems to always be the same people and I don't really play at Party enogh to have a strong opinion....just cleared a bonus through the games there)
Old 11-22-2005, 07:33 PM

Bodog is a pretty small player pool. you really have to know who the fish are. The first day I watched the game I thought sibhawj was a major fish--he burned off several buy ins fast. now I know he tilts occasionally and likes to play hyperaggressively with his first buy in. but he is far from a fish. as for everyone else, the game turns from good to bad in the blink of an eye, with the game looking the same hyperactive style the whole time.

I vaguely remember hock, but not really. I've played 4 or 5 times and peeked in another half dozen. I'm probably just forgetting. The thing that gets me is how sib always has 3 buy ins within half an hour of sitting down, and I commonly see him with $7 to 10+ thousand. actually Josh Arieh seems to be that way too, but I haven't seen him in a while. but also the last time I was watching, sib had his 3k or so, but another guy was taunting him for being down $15k on that table. I have no idea if it was true. he didn't deny it.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:43 AM

sib limps behind a limper with Ac Kd Tc 9c. button raises pot with 6s 7c 8h 8c. sib pretty much never folds after putting money in pf. Ks 9s 4d. sib check calls the pot, $135. Ah. sib check calls the pot, $405. 5d. Sib check calls the pot, $1,215. and drags it. I guess part of why I shouldn't be playing this game is because I'd need at least a $100k bankroll, probably a few hundred, to throw money around like that. the variance in this kind of game where you have to be able play big with 2 pair is completely different and beyond anything in a $200 game.

this hand, yeah on this board it's rather reasonable, but still that's a lot of money on two pair.