Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-14-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Junk in the blinds, turn a pair

the turn is a clear fold after the raise.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:06 PM

i like the flop bet, but yeah, bet folding the turn is def. better than bet/calling. bet non-spade rivers if villian doesn't raise turn.

off topic, i went to madison this weekend for the first time and had a great time. the wisconsin fans were very classy and treated us well. sorry about the game ^_-
Old 11-14-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the wisconsin fans were very classy and treated us well.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't quite sound right. Are you sure you were in Madison?

[ QUOTE ]
sorry about the game ^_-

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 06:22 PM

yeah it was amazingly civil. i don't remember the name of the place we were drinking during the game, only that it had a enormous tent outside. but yeah, we were all iowed up and didn't really get ribbing that wasn't good natured. i was pretty floored by the fact that your student union serves beer.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah it was amazingly civil. i don't remember the name of the place we were drinking during the game, only that it had a enormous tent outside. but yeah, we were all iowed up and didn't really get ribbing that wasn't good natured. i was pretty floored by the fact that your student union serves beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this the Union South (close to stadium) or Memorial Union (closer to State St.)? U South sucks, Mem Union is pretty much awesome.

Also: other college student unions don't serve beer?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] How do you get drunk while studying and picking up your bus pass and such?
Old 11-14-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Results

In other news, I called the turn raise and checked the 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] river. He checked behind w/ 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and MHIG.

Calling the turn raise here is really really bad and I knew this as soon as I did it. Mostly I was interested in opinions on the flop and turn bets, and it seems people like them for the most part?
Old 11-14-2005, 09:56 PM

If I got raised here, Im worried about being outkicked...its super doubtful he has the flush...so u have to look at what he could be raising with. Pair+draw would make a lot of sense as any Jack or mid flop pair is probably giving u action on the flop(but of course can wait until the turn). So pair plus draw, Id say if thats the case he has a 5 or 6 with a spade in his hand...Id be soooo tempted to call but its likely u are outkicked, even though he likely doesnt have much it could be a little more than what u have.

But now that u see he did it w/ 22 make a note and if a situation like this happens again there is enough doubt that u can probably continue (depending on action, board and your hand of course)

EDIT: I also want to say Im am not folding this against a good shorthanded player.