Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-27-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Party 10/20 NL:River Overbet

Do you see a 9 raising? Where's the value?
Old 10-27-2005, 03:07 PM

It's tough when you have deck crippled, but you gotta bet. that's part of being aggressive. Maybe he tries to push you around with PP. It could have gone you bet flop, call his raise. Then when you c/r turn he might put you on bluff.

I just think once the turn comes and theres been little action, its tough to get him to play without the 9.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's tough when you have deck crippled, but you gotta bet. that's part of being aggressive. Maybe he tries to push you around with PP. It could have gone you bet flop, call his raise. Then when you c/r turn he might put you on bluff.

I just think once the turn comes and theres been little action, its tough to get him to play without the 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

Your understanding of the action in this hand is all wrong.

I was just saying that I don't think villian raises a smaller river bet with a 9 because I don't see any worse hands calling.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shorthanded Party 10/20 NL game. Villain in this game a good thinking player. He has built his stack mainly through me. So needless to say, I am looking to get it back. I have gone allin on air, nuts, draws etc..But almost every time he has folded. I think this is important to the hand.

Stack sizes: I got about 3100 and villain has me covered.

Hero is button with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raises to 60(standard raise). Villain calls in SB.BB folds

Flop
3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero checks

Turn
9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain bets 150, Hero min raises to 300. The Minraise was to see If he had the 9 or a better pocket pair.

River is a blank

Villain checks. Hero goes allin for the rest..abt 2900

Good, bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the flop.

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of a hand from yesterday.

2 limpers to me on the button. I call w/ 9To. Blinds play. 5-way action. Two of the players are very aggressive.

Flop 99Tr. 250 pot.

Checked to me. I bet 200. Everyone insta-folds. Hahhahahaa.

But yeah, bet the flop.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I misplayed this hand. Betting the flop would have been the right play. I still went for the overbet only because it was being played Sh'ed and aggressive with each of us trying to outplay the other.

Anyway, Villain called and showed me a badly played(IMO) pocket aces.

Thanks for all the responses
Old 10-27-2005, 06:10 PM

Before I saw your results I was thinking to myself -- it would be pretty sick if he was slow playing a big pair and the turn card froze him up. You probably would have gotten check raised pretty big on the flop.

I'm basically always betting full pot here as the pre flop raiser. Even when he doesn't have a nice hand like AA, a villain will occasionaly see a 933 rainbow flop and have a switch turn on, "I'm going to take this pot away from him.. this pot is mine". I know that I sometimes get out of control in these situations. And they'll do something totally ridiculous on the flop, turn, or river. By not escalating the pot early and often in NL when you hold nut hands, you basically don't even give yourself a chance to scoop a big one.

He expects you to bet with anything so don't disappoint him. Bet.