Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 05:16 PM

Default for god\'s sake stop quibbling.

ok, as far as i can tell, we're having problems here, and they're repetitive.

the main problem i see is that we're having mods trumping other mods' decisions without first discussing the matter. often this is occurring because "nice cop mod" gets a pm from a friend or whatnot saying they have been banned (likely by [censored]), and that "it's total bullshit" or whatever, and so they go and unban someone, or at minimum come and say "hey man, that's bullshit, fix it." instead of just going and pming the mod who did the banning (if it's find-outable) and discussing it via pm. or, alternatively, making a post here, in the area created for mod discussions, asking who banned the poster and why.

there shouldn't be an antagonistic air towards each other here, at least not related to the moderating of the forums. this is a voluntary position, and we've been pretty well briefed on what our responsibilities, etc, are. the general gist of this post is "play nice, don't step on each others' toes, etc."

if you have a problem with the way another person is moderating, ask them via pm, ask them in the forum, whatever, but there's no reason to be rude about it at all. instead of saying "hey, it's bullshit you did this" say "why was this done?" everything's reversable, so there's no reason to see tempers flaring about the goings-on on a stupid internet message board.

i know almost all of you are probably my seniors, but seriously, grow the [censored] up.

as a last point, i just think that once a decision has been made via concensus (like to strip all colors from the forums) amongst the mods, and we go and do it, that no individual mod should go and reverse that decision on their own withouth first discussing it openly in this forum. this is sort of the group corollary to the originan 1 on 1 axiom as stated above.

seeing this forum, supposedly full of mature people chosen in part for their maturity to lend their hands to twoplustwo, devolving in to repeated flame wars, is really impressively depressing.

citanul
Old 10-25-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: for god\'s sake stop quibbling.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. It's just the Evan/[censored] thing that has led to most of the heated debate.

There really isn't as much animosity between the mods as you seem to think. Most of the debates in here are pretty tame.

You tell us to grow up, but I'm not sure what you mean by that. Who needs to grow up? What exactly do you mean?
Old 10-25-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You tell us to grow up, but I'm not sure what you mean by that. Who needs to grow up? What exactly do you mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh, damn you, you got me. Mostly I wanted to yell at Evan and [censored] to tell them to shut the [censored] up. I guess I should have done that with PM though. Ironical.

c
Old 10-25-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh, damn you, you got me. Mostly I wanted to yell at Evan and [censored] to tell them to shut the [censored] up. I guess I should have done that with PM though. Ironical.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

So if we have a disagreement about a moderating issue we shouldn't say anything about it? From what I can tell we both argued yesterday about it and neither have posted anything on the subject today.

As far as the colors, I feel as it clearly still an open topic it is appropriate to discuss it in here.

I think using this forum soley for "hey I want to ban so&so what do you think" it pretty dumb and a big waste. Much better to actually discuss the topics which will effect the overall moderating policy. Overruling mods and changing colors would seem to fit in that catorgory.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:38 PM

a) i don't check this forum every day. particularly not those that i spend entirely in airports.

b) i understand and agree that if we don't agree about things they should be discussed openly and honestly in this space, and that that is a better use of the space than just "should i ban this guy" messages. however, there have been several open threads in this forum AND OTHERS where moderators bash each other in a non civil manner. i think that is crap, and should be worked on. you're all vaguely intelligent and should be able to converse without calling each other fucktards and/or yelling and screaming about not wanting to be a mod anymore.

c
Old 10-25-2005, 05:55 PM

you should go to a numbered instead of lettered system.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. It's just the Evan/[censored] thing that has led to most of the heated debate.

[/ QUOTE ]
While I'm still here I'd just like to point out that I had a big problem with Dynasty before [censored]. I haven't had an issue with Dynasty lately; whether it's because he hasn't dont anything stupid or he just hasn't done anything as stupid as [censored], I'm not sure.