Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2003, 08:06 PM

Default 20-40 hand, opinions requested

Nine handed 20-40 game. This hand played much more loosely than had been typical to this point.

EP tight, solid player (whose raises I typically respect) opens for a raise. Loose MP player (recent arrival) cold calls. I am in MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I can see that at least two players after me intend to call, so I call. CO calls, button calls, BB calls. Six players call two bets to see the flop.

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Solid players bets out, loose player calls, I call, and all other players call behind me (!)

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Solid players bets out, loose player calls, I call, and, somewhat remarkably, the remaining players call behind me (!!)

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Solid players bets out, loose player calls, I raise, folded to solid player who calls. Loose player folds. I drag a very nice pot.

Question:

Would you have played this differently? I did not believe that anyone had a draw to a hand that could beat mine, so I opted to slow play my A-high flush.

Curious to know what others would have done given the same reported situation (apparent loose calls and lack of aggression other than by EP solid player).

TIA
Old 10-08-2003, 08:20 PM

Default Re: 20-40 hand, opinions requested

I would raise the flop.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:10 PM

i think you should fold before the flop
Old 10-09-2003, 09:38 AM

I'd raise the flop to clean up my Ace from the buttons/COs holding of AK AQ AJ(?) and becoming last to act.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:22 AM

the smooth call on the turn was the right play - and the results definitly do not disagree with all those callers that came in behind you! nice hand.