Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 10-11-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Annie gets called out again!

[ QUOTE ]

You shall all refer to her as "The Duchess" from now on! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's only one "Duchess", Allison Fisher, the "Duchess of Doom". Top female pool player. Ever.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:38 AM

Sorry but I have to respond to this post. First of all, she is there to win poker tournaments not to sit around and chat. Second of all, when she has all her money in the pot she does want to explain to some dude what the freakin' odds are. It's the WSOP not some home game.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With guys like Mike the Mouth, however, its always, hey he wears his heart on his sleeve and is basically a good guy underneath that bluster and I kind of like him. Phil Helmuth gets the, he's entertaining to watch and good for the game. Annie gets, what a bitch! I wonder why...

[/ QUOTE ]

I find Phil and Mike's behavior to be completely reprehensible and I would never defend those guys.
I do not have a terribly positive view of Annie...but I do view her FAR more positively than Mike or Phil.

Those guys are FAR bitchier and worse-behaved on a regular basis than Annie has EVER been.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With guys like Mike the Mouth, however, its always, hey he wears his heart on his sleeve and is basically a good guy underneath that bluster and I kind of like him. Phil Helmuth gets the, he's entertaining to watch and good for the game. Annie gets, what a bitch! I wonder why...

[/ QUOTE ]

I find Phil and Mike's behavior to be completely reprehensible and I would never defend those guys.
I do not have a terribly positive view of Annie...but I do view her FAR more positively than Mike or Phil.

Those guys are FAR bitchier and worse-behaved on a regular basis than Annie has EVER been.

[/ QUOTE ]

They just don't give off that "I'm so better than you" vibe. Even Phil. He may say it, but he doesn't exude it.

Annie exudes elitism...
Old 10-12-2005, 12:42 PM

I found your comment unfair and annoying. If that makes me touchy so be it.

You made a cute little insinuation at the end of your post. I called you out on it. Pretty basic. You either conveniently ignored certain facts or you were unaware of these facts.

You used your "in the courtroom" scenario as a means to justify that second hand information isn't necessarily any good. Since this isn't a courtroom and isn't even a good analogy for a courtroom (which you counter-satirize me about--very odd, btw) I mentioned the fact. You mention some courtroom nonsense completely irrelevant to the matter at hand as reasoning supporting your argument and you got called on it. If you're not trying to say that your courtroom is somehow relevant to discussion here, why mention it? (rhetorical question, do not answer) Seems like you've now decided to back out on your reasoning. Guess you don't have that much conviction in it.

I also never claimed that if a lot of people say something, it must be true rendering your comment along those lines irrelevant. Further, I don't believe that. I take a probabalistic line weighting information by the source's apparent veracity and frequency of occurance. Dealers saying nice things about some pros and less nice things about other pros, unsolicited to low stakes players with no apparent ability to use said information strikes me as a generally reliable source.

My post was strictly about pointing out the problems with your comment.

To be fair, I'll state my opinion on the matter. When more people agree on how someone acts, the more likely to me they act as described. I'll still approach the person in an open-minded manner, but more warily. I've consistently found it to be the case that people that were described as assholes or bitches to me by a large number of people, that person consistently turned out that way. I'm not saying that my experience necessarily holds true for all cases, but I'm treating it as true for myself. I'm not saying Annie is a certain way, but the magic eight ball says "all signs point to yes" when asked if Annie is a bitch, at least some of the time. The fact that no other top female player is described as such that I've come across also doesn't make her look very good by comparison. Who knows though, maybe she's the nicest player in the world, the most gracious loser, never shoots angles, etc. etc.

You might not get much out of replying for a few reasons:

1. I'm not interested in some lame flame war or back and forth argument.
2. I don't really respect your posts along these lines seeing them filled with sloppy, faulty reasoning and dishonesty in admitting what you previously said.
3. We mostly don't see eye to eye about this issue (so agree to disagree makes the most sense) or about how to even have this kind of discussion. No communication seems to preclude there being a point to interaction.
4. I'm not going to reply to anything further you have to offer.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:02 PM

Don't make ridiculous comments unless you're going to provide some evidence.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:40 AM

I think there is a slight difference between Hellmuth's attitude (I'm the best poker player in the world) and the attitude of other poker players, who aren't afraid to let you know they think you totally suck.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:50 AM

You think Hellmuth is afraid to tell you you suck? LOL Right after he tells you how good he is he tells you how bad you are.