Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-19-2003, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Reporters covering the conflict

The US media is in most part favourable to Israel
(although, NPR is an abomination)

This article discusses bias outside the US.

Read the bolded areas and don't ignore those points that don't fit into your world view.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Baruch Goldstein and Ovadia Yosef

Look up the laudatory eulogies for settler terrorist Baruch Goldstein ("a righteous man;" "hundred thousand Arabs are not worth a single Jewish fingernail") and some of the right-wing propaganda to get a flavor of just how sick anti-Arab racism is among large segments of the Israeli public ("The Lord shall return the Arabs' deeds on their own heads, waste their seed and exterminate them, devastate them and vanish them from this world," according ot Rabbi Yosef

LOL
If you believe Shas is the 3rd most supported party in Israel, you just confirmed my suspicions as to your ignorance of Israeli politics. The sentiment of a nation cannot be expressed in generalizations, but rather the deeds of the persons. Baruch Goldstein was for the most part vilified in the Israeli public, as he should have been - he descended to the level of a Palestinian.

Ovadia Yosef is a crackpot and is regarded as such in most parts of Israel. He is the leader of the Shas party, a party that is made up 100% of, and caters specifically to the needs of, Mizrachi Jews who fled from Arab countries to Israel. You wonder why he may have a little thing against Arabs?
Old 09-19-2003, 03:26 PM

Default Re: What occupation?

: it's revolving circle of commanders and spies is compelled beyond all reason to enforce a universally detested occupation that's not even very popular in Israel

What occupation? What country is it occupying?
Old 09-20-2003, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Baruch Goldstein and Ovadia Yosef

Shas is just one of several anti-Palestinian, pro-transfer parties in Israel, hardly on the lunatic fringe. According to the Jewish Virtual Library, "in the 1999 election, Shas won an unexpected 17 Knesset seats and, for the first time, posed a threat to the two leading parties." I agree that Yosef is considered a crackpot in most parts of Israel, just as Palestinian Islamic Jihad is considered a crackpot organization in most parts of the occupied territories. Israeli apologists such as yourself insist on pointing to the very existence of Palestinian rejectionism and racism as grounds for refusing political accomodation but make no apologies for the same attitudes within Israel. Indeed, like you do here, they often attempt to excuse or justify them. Its one of many racist double standards that Zionists persist on imposing upon the conflict.

"The sentiment of a nation cannot be expressed in generalizations, but rather the deeds of the persons."

Exactly. And Israel by its deeds has killed many times the number of civilians than Palestinian terrorists. If "deeds" are what renders the verdict, than Israel is much more of "terrorist" nation than the Palestinians are or ever were.
Old 09-20-2003, 01:30 AM

Default Re: What occupation?

I'm referring to the same "occupation" that Ariel Sharon referred to a few days after putting the road map to the cabinet. By "occupied territories" I mean those territories that came under Isreali rule in 1967, referenced as such time and again by the the US, Israel, the UN an every other country in the world. I'm familiar with you silly argument that, because Jordan finally acknowledged a Palestinian right of independence, that it therefore transfered to Israel the "title" to the West Bank. Since not even Jordan or Israel make this argument, I won't get into it.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:38 AM

Default Re: State sponsored suicide bombings by children

Eventually M found some, a task that was well beyind your meagre research skills.

Meagre research skills, LOL, it took me literally 2 seconds to find all those links and more on a single web search! Imagine what I could have found if I had actually spent a five minutes. Good well substantiated conclusion you formed there, as usual I'm sure. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I had already seen some the textbook citations that M posted from watching the news, so they were no surprise to me, and I don't even follow this stuff closely. I'm surprised that you were not aware of them. For me, this completely dismisses the factual basis of any opinions you may hold. What kind of news makes it to your small island?

Islam is at once a religion and a government, so I reject your dismissal of this evidence as merely antecdotes from "religious schools".

Until you find any evidence to contradict my assertions, they stand as a consistent part of my theory.

I have no desire to disguise my bigotry against that which is clearly wrong.

As for "snots", it's an endearing term.