Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 03:31 AM

Default A fun flopped monster hand at 2/4 Borgata..

I was going to try to put a hand from Pstars into converter and change the text but too much work.

Anyway, I'm in SB with A2 suited. 4 limpers, I call, BB checks.
Flop A A A - Nice!!
some lady says "oh boy - who's got the ace?"
I check, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets!, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, I smoooooooth call - lol, everyone else calls(can you believe this many are in?) I guess they are all hoping to hit their 3 outers for a dead boat - I knew the first better had a pocket pair cause he is waaay tight-hardly plays a hand; though I give him credit for trying. Odds probably were in his favor he had the best hand. What are the odds of someone in a nine handed game having an ace?? I forget.

Turn is a blank - I decided to check cause I knew Mr. Tighty would bet. Then again maybe I should have bet knowing he would also. (Was probably worried about UTG folding to my bet cause he knew I was one of the better players there) Sure enough UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls! MP2 folds
I smoooooooth call (I'll ask the question below) BB folds, UTG calls!!! I love it 4 players still WTF???

River is a wonderful K, probably filling up someone else with a boat. I decided to go for the check raise here. I check, UTG bets - nice, he has the king. UTG+1 bets, MP1 folds, I check raise, UTG and UTG+1 both call. yeeeeeeees

I turn over my hand beating UTG's K10 and UTG+1's pocket QQ's.

I realize in Small Stakes Hold'em the advice is monsters play themselves and you get them so infrequently, it doesn't really matter if you miss a few bets, but should I have raised the turn. Is it better to just let the river try to hit someone else and then go for the raise? It seemed to work here - dumb luck. I love $2/$4 when things go well. Up 46BB's in 2 1/2 hours.

One last quick question. Is there another hand converter/program that I can use to describe B&M hands so I don't have to type all this - or should I just change the fields in Bison from any downloaded hand??
Old 08-20-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: A fun flopped monster hand at 2/4 Borgata..

Hands like this happen 1 time in 10,000

Learning how to play them isn't that important.

Learn how to do something really helpful to your game like blind defense, or how to play small to mid PP vs. a raise. These will help you tenfold over "how to I play a flopped quads hand"

To answer your question, I would bet every street. The guy with KT will probably raise the river. No one is folding, as you obviously saw.

PPl at the 2/4 games all have FPS. WHen you flop quads and bet out, they are going to put you on 'anything' but the case ace. And they won't fold. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: A fun flopped monster hand at 2/4 Borgata..

[ QUOTE ]
Hands like this happen 1 time in 10,000

Learning how to play them isn't that important.

Learn how to do something really helpful to your game like blind defense, or how to play small to mid PP vs. a raise. These will help you tenfold over "how to I play a flopped quads hand"

To answer your question, I would bet every street. The guy with KT will probably raise the river. No one is folding, as you obviously saw.

PPl at the 2/4 games all have FPS. WHen you flop quads and bet out, they are going to put you on 'anything' but the case ace. And they won't fold. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree with you somewhat, it's still important to try to figure out the best way to play hands like this, because you are often in situations where you have a very strong hand and are looking to maximize value.

I probably just bet the flop here and take it from there.