Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 06-23-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Re: 3 handed stars 30-60. . .

[ QUOTE ]
button limps, i raise with JJ, bb calls. . . .

flop 4 5 5 with 2 hearts, bet call

turn 6s bet call

riv 7d i can't figure out what is best here or if it is too close to matter. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

bet call fold on the flop? did the button fold preflop?

if
when its shorthanded i tend to bet here b/c theres a lot of people who simply put you on high cards and say, pair is good. alot of the time, they're right. therefore, i like to value bet against more passive players and check call more agro ones. paying off a raise here isn't bad against most people either and a vast majority of the time you will be called with a worse hand. this makes up for the times you incorrectly call ar aise, which, when you call, you will sometimes win.

in terms of the hands that call you any heart draw that picked up a pair, unfortuanately, 88/99/TT are pretty unlikely but there are a ton of other hands that fit into the calling catagory and therefore require a bet.

all in all i like to value bet here and fold the non tricky passive player's raise and call almost everybody elses. check calling would have to come 2nd most of the time, but sometimes its definately better (times he folds every hand that you bet but bets hands as a bluff or mistakenly value bets hands that beat you...those are rare though). other times check call is best is when you're against a guy who's just agro enough to raise you but a high % of the time has you beat but who's raise you still have to call and will likely be losing ev doing so and who may bet at the pot after you check.

-Barron
Old 06-23-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you check behind with 67 or A4? Should you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[You]I personally wouldn't check back with either hand. Mostly because the majority of 30/60 players I've run into are in love with showing down A and K high.

[/ QUOTE ]

[Me] Me too. And perhaps if your opponent is good he will bet with those hands too. Which may make this a good spot for a river check raise. A sane opponent will 3 bet a river check-raise with a hand worse than Jacks close to zero percent.
However, if your opponent is not going to pay off the check-raise often with a worse hand then you are probably better off just lead-betting the river.

I don't think I have the gumption to check-raise the river. But oddly, I think I lean towards betting the river and paying off a raise vs check calling. As you mentioned, I don't want a worse hand to check behind either.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:23 AM

It's not clear from your post if both players are still in, but against 1 player I think this is quite an easy bet.

Regards