Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Multi Table vs Single Table In the Money Record?

I'm a relatively new player....probably still good fish bait for most of you. I've been playing the Sun Tournament on Paradise and several of the Low Limit $1 - 10 entry tourney's on PokerStars. I'd be interested to know what a decent "in the money" percentage would be to shoot for. At best estimate, I've played about 40 Sun Tournaments, made the money 7 or 8 times and additionally made the final two tables twice...best finish 13th. Oviously not a winning record, but I seem to be improving. Any feedback on what realistic win percentage I should strive for would be appreciated.
Conversly, I seem to win or at least place in the money at the Single and Two Table Sit N Go's about 50% of the time. Feedback there as well?

Thanks a bunch.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Multi Table vs Single Table In the Money Record?

Your sit-and-go record is pretty decent. Do you find that you have stamina issues?

I used to be in a similar boat. I would do well in the sit-and-goes, but when I first started doing MTT's, I found that my play would start to get erratic after an hour-and-a-half or so. That's when I started turning off all distractions (TV and music) and started making player notes. I immediately got much better results.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:14 PM

Thanks for the reply....yes, I think stamina is a key issue. I'm fairly tight with my starting hands, so I tend to get bored and play marginal hands (usually poorly) or I'll push all in when I know I shouldn't. Distractions are also an issue; I'm sometimes multi-tabling or have the T.V. on. I'll try to lessen the distractions and not get "stupid" as much....thanks for the input.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:17 PM

a 25% ITM in MTTs is generally considered fantastic.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:22 PM

Wow...that surprises me....why do I feel like such a dolt every time I get knocked out.....don't answer that, it's more rhetorical. I do understand even the pros get knocked out a bunch. What's frustrating is that unless you win the tourney, your almost always leaving on a sour note, just by the nature of the beast. Thanks for your input.